Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Looks like I'm going to lose my 92.

Old 04-22-2018, 03:49 PM
Cool Runnings
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ihatebarkingdogs
Depends on what your long-term desire for Corvette (or alternative) ownership is. If this offer will allow you to step-up the ladder to something you deem more desirable, then do it. If you're happy with what you have, then you evaluate the economic and other aspects.

I suggest equating the sale and acquisition of another car as a "building block" approach similar to buying a trailer-job and bringing it back to life over just buying a running car in "done" condition in the first place. The cost of completing the project will exceed the cost of the done car every time. BUT, it allows spreading the cost out over time, and allows building what you want. Plus for many, the satisfaction of building their car rather than purchasing a done one.
So if this offer allows you to move up to a more-desirable level, cool. And perhaps you'll get a "too good to pass up" offer on the next one.

Just installed new gas shocks for the rear hatch, shined her up and went for a long cruise along with some twistes. After evaluating things, it would be pretty hard to find another Corvette this nice for $12k. My replacement would be in the $20k range and I'm not ready for that yet. Think I'll keep her. Guess I've turned into a C4 guy. BTY: Seen three C7's and they wouldn't wave to the lowly C4.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:43 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Originally Posted by Cool Runnings
BTY: Seen three C7's and they wouldn't wave to the lowly C4.
Could be. That or they do not wave period.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:20 PM
Lingenfelter
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
100k isn't the same as it was back in the 80s or so it seems to be these days I have 480k on my 99 W210
You're right, but with the high miles comes a lower price...
Old 04-22-2018, 06:52 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Originally Posted by Lingenfelter
You're right, but with the high miles comes a lower price...
You bet. Lower price and I get to put in newer stuff or better stuff suits me just fine
Old 04-22-2018, 07:02 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

Bought my C5Z last August, no way can you buy one for 15k. Maybe one with over 100k miles and with an accident on a Carfax. But yeah stepping up to a C5Z, especially an 02+ is beyond worth it.
Well, I'll just leave it at that was YOU that bought one for what ever price.

I don't even look at cars with 100k miles at 15k. It would be a 2005+ for me at that point.

Yeah, 75K sure, but a car that old and up to 75k 15k is a good deal, but also more common than people think.

Do you mind posting your cost, mileage and mods? I am talking about stock to lightly modified cars in the WI area and a couple on the forum.

Less than 1 minute to find one right here close to 15k (17,500 with 72kmiles) and I could find more. Also the car will probably sell less than ask. people are dreamers with these cars.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-bay-area.html

Since the C7 Corvette has a new fan club, larger audience, and WAY more performance.

Here is a guy asking right here for less than 16k. Plenty or responses coming.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...k-or-less.html

Not trying to be a dick, just trying to point out I am not just throwing numbers out there, I seen these numbers before. These listed here are close to that range and with mods and barely looking for a deal I found them.

I retract my request about your purchase, It is not important long as you are happy.

Last edited by pologreen1; 04-22-2018 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:05 PM
Cool Runnings
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by pologreen1
Well, I just leave it at that was YOU that bought one for what ever price.

I don't even look at cars with 100k miles at 15k. It would be a 2005+ for me at hat point.

Yeah, 75K sure, but a car that old and up to 75k 15k is a good deal, but also more common than people think.

Do you mind posting your cost, mileage and mods? I am talking about stock to lightly modified cars in the WI area and a couple on the forum.

Mark here just picked up a 06 3lt auto with 80,000 miles for $15k. Looks like a new car.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:54 PM
Lingenfelter
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by pologreen1
Well, I'll just leave it at that was YOU that bought one for what ever price.

I don't even look at cars with 100k miles at 15k. It would be a 2005+ for me at that point.

Less than 1 minute to find one right here close to 15k (17,500 with 72kmiles) and I could find more. Also the car will probably sell less than ask. people are dreamers with these cars.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-bay-area.html

Since the C7 Corvette has a new fan club, larger audience, and WAY more performance. Joe blow might pay a lot for a corvette but an educated buyer won't.

Here is a guy asking right here for less than 16k. Plenty or responses coming.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...k-or-less.html

Not trying to be a dick, just trying to point out I am not just throwing numbers out there, I seen these numbers before. These listed here are close to that range and with mods and barely looking for a deal I found them.
Haha, sure it's an '02 C5Z which had 65k miles and they were asking 22k, but I brought them down to 18k. The car is in great condition with no dings and mechanically perfect with all service records. It's stock, the C5Z is a freaking rocket that handles like its on rails. It's super light and raw at 3100 lbs and is a street legal race car with all the goodies straight from factory. The stock titanium exhaust sounds amazing and the only thing I might get is LTH going into them. That being said, when I want to cruise with the targa off, my Lingenfelter edition (108 out of 128) C4 is still an awesome time! I actually didn't like the C5 but the C5Z with that FRC (fixed roof coupe), I think looks exotic and mean.

Old 04-23-2018, 01:27 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

Haha, sure it's an '02 C5Z which had 65k miles and they were asking 22k, but I brought them down to 18k. The car is in great condition with no dings and mechanically perfect with all service records. It's stock, the C5Z is a freaking rocket that handles like its on rails. It's super light and raw at 3100 lbs and is a street legal race car with all the goodies straight from factory. The stock titanium exhaust sounds amazing and the only thing I might get is LTH going into them. That being said, when I want to cruise with the targa off, my Lingenfelter edition (108 out of 128) C4 is still an awesome time! I actually didn't like the C5 but the C5Z with that FRC (fixed roof coupe), I think looks exotic and mean.

WOW! Very nice car! I agree the only C5 I like is a FRC style, and performance chassis foundation.
The following users liked this post:
Lingenfelter (04-23-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looks like I'm going to lose my 92.