C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

What to do with my old ECM?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 06:24 AM
luvmy88
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do with my old ECM?

I recently replaced the original ECM in my 1988 and now have the old core. I wanted an AC and the only place I could find one in stock was Eckler's... but they don't have a core charge and don't take back the old modules. My thinking is, it's an AC original from a 30 year old car and they don't make them any more. This has to be worth something, and I just hate to see it tossed.
Does anyone know of a place where I could get a few bucks for it and it could get rebuilt? The only place I've found that said they would buy it back, also told me they required the PROM also. BUT, the PROM was used in the new one.
Any suggestions... besides the obvious one, haha
Old 06-23-2018, 06:42 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 700 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by luvmy88
I recently replaced the original ECM in my 1988 and now have the old core. I wanted an AC and the only place I could find one in stock was Eckler's... but they don't have a core charge and don't take back the old modules. My thinking is, it's an AC original from a 30 year old car and they don't make them any more. This has to be worth something, and I just hate to see it tossed.
Does anyone know of a place where I could get a few bucks for it and it could get rebuilt? The only place I've found that said they would buy it back, also told me they required the PROM also. BUT, the PROM was used in the new one.
Any suggestions... besides the obvious one, haha
usually, most places have a core charge when dealing with new or rebuilt units. for an 88 ECM, rockauto's is $65. i'm sure eckler's price was adjusted and includes a core charge, but they don't want to fool with it, as they most likely don't deal in rebuilds. as to what to do with your old ECM - have no idea. you could try to sell it on fleabay - might get a couple bucks for it.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:32 AM
bac22
Le Mans Master

Received 186 Likes on 163 Posts

Ebay or the For Sale section here.

Get notified of new replies

To What to do with my old ECM?

Quick Reply: What to do with my old ECM?