C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

'93 Corvette rim question

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 10:48 PM
hot_rod_eddie
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '93 Corvette rim question

My dad has a 93 corvette convertible he bought a while back. He busted a rim and tire on a pothole. He had me buy a rim online and I received it fine. The problem is that it is a 9.5" rim. I asked him if he had the same size tires all around. He said the fronts are smaller than the rear. I suspect he has 8.5" rims on the front. He lives a few hours away and I am going there in a couple weeks. My question is will it cause any problems with 3-9.5" rims? Will the smaller tire be okay on the 9.5 rim? Should I try and send it back to get the 8.5" rim? I won't know exactly what is going on until I get down there in a couple weeks, but I want to have some knowledge. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:02 AM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

i wouldnt want mismatched rims. Sawblades are to cheap and plentiful to do that. if you decide to go with 8.5's i have 2 near perfect fronts with near full tread albeit older tires that i would sell cheap. located in cincinnati
Old 07-12-2018, 12:06 AM
hot_rod_eddie
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OH THREE Z
i wouldnt want mismatched rims. Sawblades are to cheap and plentiful to do that. if you decide to go with 8.5's i have 2 near perfect fronts with near full tread albeit older tires that i would sell cheap. located in cincinnati
Thank you. I am OCD about the mismatch but was wondering if it really mattered. I will have more information when I get a chance to look at them in person. I may take you up on your offer. Thanks, Eddie
Old 07-12-2018, 12:09 AM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

or find another 9.5 which is how all Z51 equipped cars came from the factory

i have 2 good tires that will fit those as well

Get notified of new replies

To '93 Corvette rim question

Quick Reply: '93 Corvette rim question