C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

New owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 03:49 AM
CNYvetteDude
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls777z
Vettes at the Beach this Sunday. I'll be there with my 84. Burdick Chevy Corvette show on August 4. Usually a good turn out...depending on our lovely weather....
Yes, I just read about that last night. Looks like a nice day forecasted.. so far.
May have to check that out.
​​​​​​​Thanks
Old 07-25-2018, 06:37 AM
Charsel
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default New Owner

Originally Posted by CNYvetteDude

Just wanted to check in and say hi.

Bought my Vette yesterday. A 1995 targa.

Any advice will be helpful. Is my first Vette, and don't know much.

Thanks
Congrats on the ride. Looks nice, and seems to have been well cared for by previous owners. As a newbie owner '95 6spd green/tan conv in Oct '17, I check fluids weekly, clean off radiator. Be careful to check water pump for leaks; mine went out 2 month later, so did pump and opti the same time. Changed plugs and induction cleaning at 95k. You will enjoy, especially up state NY
Old 07-25-2018, 07:45 PM
Newtomevette
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CNYvetteDude
Ha. Nice. I like it.
I like the license plate cover. But in NY, I need a front plate.
How long have you had it?
I bought it in March of this year, pretty much stumbled over it at a local dealership. I lived in NJ for 25 years and we needed a front plate too, really cluttered up the front of the car. The cover appears to have had the "Corvette" letters painted a contrasting color at one point.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:59 PM
DinoBob
Melting Slicks

Received 365 Likes on 206 Posts

Nice ride. Congrats.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:24 PM
midlifecrisis1979
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Sweet ride!
Old 07-26-2018, 04:34 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Welcome to the wonderful wold of C4. You not only bought one of the best years for C4 but ...... you also have excellent taste in color. But I am pretty biased

Look in the parts for sale section for a copy of the two-volume Factory Service Manual for 1995. These can also be found on fleebay. The FSM is very very helpful when trying to diagnose a problem.

One thing to understand is that these cars have about a dozen sensors around the engine and it's various systems (air volume intake, throttle position, O2, vehicle speed sensor, water temp, oil temp, etc, etc) that feed information into the car's main computer. As the car ages these sensors and or their connectors can fail thus sending faulty info to the computer and and cause performance and operational issues. Replacing the sensors is not usually a significant problem .....but ..... determining what component actually needs to be replaced is often not easy and this is where all of the diagnostic tables and diagrams in the FSM come in very handy. This is not a car that you want to "throw parts at" in an attempt to solve an "issue". Member: TheBlaster9001 recently posted an excellent write-up on the major sensors what their function is and what impact they can have if they go bad.

I've owned my 95 for a long time and have put over 100K on it myself and still drive it all the time. As I said 95 is a great year for C4.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:59 PM
DGXR
Melting Slicks

Received 346 Likes on 300 Posts

Very nice looking car. My first Corvette was also a 1995 Polo coupe. Enjoy the ride
Old 08-01-2018, 04:35 PM
CNYvetteDude
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Peabody
Welcome to the wonderful wold of C4. You not only bought one of the best years for C4 but ...... you also have excellent taste in color. But I am pretty biased

Look in the parts for sale section for a copy of the two-volume Factory Service Manual for 1995. These can also be found on fleebay. The FSM is very very helpful when trying to diagnose a problem.

One thing to understand is that these cars have about a dozen sensors around the engine and it's various systems (air volume intake, throttle position, O2, vehicle speed sensor, water temp, oil temp, etc, etc) that feed information into the car's main computer. As the car ages these sensors and or their connectors can fail thus sending faulty info to the computer and and cause performance and operational issues. Replacing the sensors is not usually a significant problem .....but ..... determining what component actually needs to be replaced is often not easy and this is where all of the diagnostic tables and diagrams in the FSM come in very handy. This is not a car that you want to "throw parts at" in an attempt to solve an "issue". Member: TheBlaster9001 recently posted an excellent write-up on the major sensors what their function is and what impact they can have if they go bad.

I've owned my 95 for a long time and have put over 100K on it myself and still drive it all the time. As I said 95 is a great year for C4.
Awesome info and advice.
Thanks
Old 08-01-2018, 09:04 PM
Kens94
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Very nice ride, but I too may be a bit biased!

Old 08-02-2018, 08:27 AM
WhiteC1
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

CNYvetteDude , I totally agree that you need to get a Factory Shop Manual for your Vette. When I got my first 95, I found a CD version of the shop manual for $22 at RockAuto. I have since bought a second 95, which came with the two-volume paperback 'real' manuals. The CD version is exactly the same and is searchable, so you can print out any section you want to take to the garage with you (and not mess up the expensive manual). IMHO, an excellent option. If you want to look into it, check it out at Rockauto.com

Enjoy your ride!

Regards,
John
Old 10-21-2018, 09:18 PM
CannaBanna
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

You joined the Forest Green Family. Nice Vette my man, I just picked mine up too.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:29 AM
DGXR
Melting Slicks

Received 346 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by CannaBanna

You joined the Forest Polo Green Family. Nice Vette my man, I just picked mine up too.
FTFY C4 Corvette Paint Codes
Old 10-22-2018, 02:54 PM
95LT1ZF
Pro

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Great looking car. Green was last on my list when my son and I started looking for a Corvette a few months ago, but moved up to the second spot after I saw a few clean ones.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:02 AM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

It is totally hard to tell from that pic of course, but was your car a repaint? That year should have a more metallic look to it like the others in photos here. '90-'91 had a different plain green. 2 codes for pologreen paint. Different years of Chevy's had the 2 as well during the '90s.

Quick Reply: New owner