C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

I hate a damn thief

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 09:31 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

Originally Posted by arbee
Well, I guess if we are looking at "possible" suspects, we better include: the mailman, the paperboy, the UPS dude, the meter reader, girl guides selling cookies, a Jehovah's Witness, ……………..Correct?
My mail lady is so lazy, she wouldn't even step out of her truck to stuff mail in 3 mailboxes, all within 3 feet of each other if there was any excuse she could use so it wouldn't be her.

As to Jehovah Witnesses,
Old 08-27-2018, 09:33 AM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
my mail lady is so lazy, she wouldn't even step out of her truck to stuff mail in 3 mailboxes, all within 3 feet of each other if there was any excuse she could use so it wouldn't be her.

As to jehovah witnesses, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmsk-wq3jlg
lmao
Old 08-27-2018, 09:35 AM
arbee
Melting Slicks

Received 542 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by pologreen1
Bingo, now you are thinking.

Now, I am no detective, but I think the next step is called "motive", and then ...
I am always thinking. Seems the only one being left out is the most likely culprit - a lowlife sockcucker driving by and seeing an opportunity.

Old 08-27-2018, 09:38 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by arbee
I am always thinking. Seems the only one being left out is the most likely culprit - a lowlife sockcucker driving by and seeing an opportunity.
I suspect the wheel and tire theft was committed by Professor Plum in the Living Room with the Lead Pipe.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:11 AM
RetroGuy
Drifting

Received 506 Likes on 311 Posts

For those who want to talk about jobs, economics, and/or politics, this original post was not about that at all. Go start up another new thread somewhere else. This is a perfect example of a Hijacked post that got way off course. READ the OP's first post. He never asked why this happened to him. Yet, a lot of people here (including me) couldn't resist telling him.

It's time for this...

Last edited by RetroGuy; 08-27-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:32 PM
vette196
Melting Slicks

Received 262 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Renfield
Try starting at the start. My comment was in response to "Some junkie needed some quick cash."

How is my response any more politically charged? You read in what you want. Plenty of folks with politically charged avatars around here. Perhaps you only notice those you disagree with? Regardless, I'm late to the game and I make no apologies.

One man's TRIPE is another man's observation. If I "constantly write" it, that means I am responding to it. Because I have always gone out of my way to never go there FIRST.

But with my new avatar, all bets are off. I am sick and tired of reading the hard right talking points in a friggin' Corvette forum. I may be outnumbered here, but my voice is just as legit as yours or anyone else. I find you offensive for finding me offensive.

I would say at least we can agree on a C4, but I seriously doubt it.

Enjoy your job killing tariffs from Cadet Bone Spurs.
You complain that it went OT quickly......yet you have an avatar (that some may consider offensive) and you talk about Tariffs and "cadet bone spurs". So it was YOU that drove the topic to OT quickly. It is a good chance that a junky, kid (rich/poor) or homeless stole the wheels...and that has nothing to do with Trump
The following 2 users liked this post by vette196:
81c3 (08-27-2018), bac22 (09-06-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 12:48 PM
BLUE1972
Race Director

Received 1,129 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by hope2
Someone came into my yard, went in my truck, went into my wallet which I left in console, took $800 out, left wallet. Why would they just not take entire wallet? I know I'm a dumb *** for leaving it in truck, but still why remove the cash and leave the wallet?
Because if they get caught , money does not have your name on it.

If you purchased the tires you may have the tire information and serial number on the tire. If so report it to the police and check with a few tire places.

Hey you never know...

The illegals here go through cars all the time here - it was not an issue to the county until it happened in the ultra-rich area, then it was on the news. Neighbor had video - cops did not care...bicycles, etc … disappear.
Last year down the block a criminal (while going through a car) fell on a baseball bat - a few times - cops came and wanted info , went to all the houses. I said it was likely a small Mexican lady I may have seen hitting someone down the block, next-door said it looked like a ninja. Across the street said it was illegals robing him.

We have not had any issues for a year now. I thank who ever did it....

Last edited by BLUE1972; 08-27-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:48 PM
856SPEED
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 99 Posts

So sorry for your loss. All we can count on anymore these days are video cameras.

Lots of desperate people out there working dead end jobs that don't pay a living wage. Just one more way we subsidize wages at WalMart for their multimillionaire CEO.

Fortunately, you can replace them cheap enough if you want to. I see them all the time for sale.
Yep....this was the first political and social reply that fueled the fire.

Renfield: you once attacked me since I didn’t drive my Vette to work......really???? That’s OK...later I saw many of your attacks and considered the source....

Walmart ??? Really???? nothing to do with the topic....you invited that dialogue with that like the OP did leaving something valuable to him outside. Sometimes we play a hand in what happens to us.

Life’s lessons....just learn from it and move on and ask yourself what could I have done differently.

The following 2 users liked this post by 856SPEED:
81c3 (08-27-2018), JrRifleCoach (08-27-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 01:56 PM
confab
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 295 Posts

All we can count on anymore these days are video cameras.
That's true.. I got a cheap set of 4 with a HDD from Amazon for about $200 bucks.

Amazon Amazon

I live in a loft, apartment with only a skylight and they're my "windows" They work GREAT! But frankly, if OP has people creeping around his house at night for whatever reason? He might have bigger problems than a set of missing wheels at some point soon.

Have you considered a set of cameras? These people might come back and the result could be much worse than losing an old set of C4 wheels.

Old 08-27-2018, 09:02 PM
ChumpVette
Safety Car

Received 1,289 Likes on 871 Posts

Originally Posted by confab
These people might come back and the result could be much worse than losing an old set of C4 wheels.
Returning early C4 rims?
Old 08-27-2018, 10:05 PM
ZERRY 316
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by confab
Condolences, bro..

It is my firm belief that the Karma Bus goes in reverse eventually and backs over these people. Seen it happen too many times to doubt it.

Who's driving ?
Old 08-27-2018, 10:09 PM
ZERRY 316
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 63 Posts

So sorry for your loss. All we can count on anymore these days are video cameras.

Lots of desperate people out there working dead end jobs that don't pay a living wage. Just one more way we subsidize wages at WalMart for their multimillionaire CEO.

Fortunately, you can replace them cheap enough if you want to. I see them all the time for sale.
Lots of desperate people out there working dead end jobs that don't pay a living wage. This is the CEO's fault? Stay in school, don't do drugs, just say no, etc.
The following users liked this post:
Akodo (08-31-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 10:56 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ZERRY 316
Who's driving ?
That bus crashed a long time ago and the driver died in the crash. Like religion we keep saying the boogeyman is alive to scare people into compliance
Old 08-27-2018, 11:19 PM
confab
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by chumpvette

returning early c4 rims?
lol!
Old 08-28-2018, 08:44 AM
856SPEED
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 99 Posts

Well, LOL...too funny!

Early c4 wheels....I guess the good news is you didn’t lose much and they didn’t gain much...
Old 08-28-2018, 09:18 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 856SPEED
Well, LOL...too funny!

Early c4 wheels....I guess the good news is you didn’t lose much and they didn’t gain much...

Old 08-28-2018, 02:01 PM
WKM
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
I want a job that pays me only $100 an hour to sit on a nude beach and drink strawberry daquiris.
if you look like that picture I want you to get that job and sit on a nude beach and if this old man strolls by I'll buy you that daiquiri

Get notified of new replies

To I hate a damn thief

Old 09-05-2018, 04:47 AM
waddiejohn
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Say what you will, I'm sorry the OP lost his wheels. Seems he was a trusting soul that over estimated his local populations honesty. People put up walls, lock doors and install cameras but thieves still steal. This thread has been entertaining his theft aside, so thanks for the few laughs.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:08 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by waddiejohn
Say what you will, I'm sorry the OP lost his wheels. Seems he was a trusting soul that over estimated his local populations honesty. People put up walls, lock doors and install cameras but thieves still steal. This thread has been entertaining his theft aside, so thanks for the few laughs.
The walls, chains, cameras, etc are only a deterrent and not a cure to the problem posed by humans. One has to determine the worth of the item and LESSEN the chance of theft. Are you willing to spend $1000 to protect $50 of product? I would take basic precautions and chalk it up to bad luck that I lost it. In short spend what it is worth to protect the item and when you lose, lose gracefully.

As to being trusting of people maybe this will teach him better maybe not
Old 09-05-2018, 12:08 PM
RetroGuy
Drifting

Received 506 Likes on 311 Posts

The "dead horse" has not only been further beaten, it's been buried deep into the ground now...

Quick Reply: I hate a damn thief