Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Vacuum line coming from ball near canister?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 12:08 AM
Mike Crook
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vacuum line coming from ball near canister?

Bought my first corvette a few weeks back. 85 automatic. It sat for a long time so I’ve been working on it, fuel system mainly. Anyways I’ve got a vaccum line that I don’t remember removing (actually looks broken) and I can’t find it’s home for some reason. It runs from the ball way up front drivers side, runs into a T, and then heads over or behind distributer to passenger side somewheres. Sorry for the amateur question it irritates me I can’t find it 😂. Thanks in advance for any help!

PS tried to add photos but they won’t upload, maybe I need another help forum for that.

Last edited by Mike Crook; 11-09-2018 at 12:12 AM.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:13 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 700 Likes on 589 Posts

i think I've got you covered. the vacuum line off the "ball" (which is actually an accumulator for the cruise control/HVAC systems) goes to a "tee" located somewhere around, and below your master cylinder. from the "tee" one line goes to the cruise control servo, and the vacuum line in question, routes behind the engine, along the firewall, and connects to a 2-way vacuum check valve off your the engine's plenum (RH side, and vacuum source). the other port of the check valve goes thru the firewall, and connects to your HVAC control panel. here's a shot of the 2-way vacuum check valve --

hope this helps.

Last edited by Joe C; 11-09-2018 at 06:13 AM.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:30 AM
playsdixie
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts

welcome...I think Joe C's nailed it for you. lots of guys with 85's here. Quite a few new ones too....
Old 11-09-2018, 08:51 PM
Mike Crook
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe C
i think I've got you covered. the vacuum line off the "ball" (which is actually an accumulator for the cruise control/HVAC systems) goes to a "tee" located somewhere around, and below your master cylinder. from the "tee" one line goes to the cruise control servo, and the vacuum line in question, routes behind the engine, along the firewall, and connects to a 2-way vacuum check valve off your the engine's plenum (RH side, and vacuum source). the other port of the check valve goes thru the firewall, and connects to your HVAC control panel. here's a shot of the 2-way vacuum check valve --

hope this helps.

that’s the one, thanks! I’ll pop that sucker in when I get home! 😀

Get notified of new replies

To Vacuum line coming from ball near canister?

Quick Reply: Vacuum line coming from ball near canister?