C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Need seat cover help

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 03:52 PM
Sayfoo
Melting Slicks

Received 453 Likes on 353 Posts

Default Need seat cover help

I want to buy new seat covers for my son in law for his project '94 hard top. He has the optional sport seats, per the pictures in the on line brochure below.
https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/Corvette-Historical-Brochures/Corvette_Historical_Brochure_1994.html
I am looking at the covers below which say standard.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-CORVE...53.m1438.l2649
So, the question is, are the 2 seats the same other than the different upholstery?
Will the ebay ones fit?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Sayfoo; 11-17-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:33 PM
John Armond
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Iggee makes sport seat covers. You just need to specify it on their website in the notes section. I think they are around $179 for the synthetic leather. I ordered a pair for my 96 CE because I didn’t want to wear out the original leather seats that are still in pretty good shape. They fit snug and follow the lines of the original sport seats perfectly. I have been super happy with mine. Shipping was really quick too. Only thing I did different with the install was securing the seat bottom straps to a keyring instead of the strap hooks they supplied. This way all the straps pull to the center of the seat bottom. Only problem I have heard is the red tends to fade to pinkish. They aren’t factory leather, but they look great, especially for how inexpensive they are.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:36 PM
RIC96
Drifting

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts

Does anyone sell the covers already installed on new foam so that they just snap in?
Old 11-17-2018, 08:44 PM
John Armond
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

For earlier models yes. Later ones the leather was glued to the foam. The later ones are much more expensive. If I remember correctly new ones for my CE were up to $1300. I’m not sure what year the change happened though.

Get notified of new replies

To Need seat cover help

Quick Reply: Need seat cover help