NCRS membership

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 01:30 PM
johno504
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19
Default NCRS membership

My membership is 43 years young. who on the forum has been a member of a Corvette club longer ?
Old 12-11-2018, 10:40 AM
johno504
Racer

St. Jude Donor '19

I would have thought there were a few older goats than me in the herd.......
Old 12-11-2018, 12:40 PM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Old 12-11-2018, 01:19 PM
bb62
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 216 Posts

37 years here, but my membership has been on and off.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:15 PM
johno504
Racer

St. Jude Donor '19

OK , I'll lower the bar.... who on this forum has been a member of ANY Corvette club longer than 30 years , anything less IS childes play.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:14 PM
Bajaholic
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 199 Posts

Member since 1983
Old 12-11-2018, 06:24 PM
ChumpVette
Safety Car

Received 1,288 Likes on 870 Posts

0 Years.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:07 PM
Bajaholic
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ChumpVette
0 Years.
I am guessing you have a pre-conceived notion of what you think you are missing, but if that is the case, I am assuming, you are incorrect... The knowledge, cromroderie and feeling of pride of it's members is enlightening, educational and rewarding.

Most of the members will never take a car to Top Flight, yet will be all in about learning about the history of the car and holding the respect of Factory correct as a goal for their cars. Yes there is those that will always go above and beyond, but you have that in every organization. Most of us are enthusiasts, just with a passion for the car including a level of originality and not just driving the wheels off them.

My suggestion: Don't make judgments until you have checked it out in person, You might just surprise yourself.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:16 AM
ChumpVette
Safety Car

Received 1,288 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by Bajaholic
I am guessing you have a pre-conceived notion of what you think you are missing, but if that is the case, I am assuming, you are incorrect... The knowledge, cromroderie and feeling of pride of it's members is enlightening, educational and rewarding.

Most of the members will never take a car to Top Flight, yet will be all in about learning about the history of the car and holding the respect of Factory correct as a goal for their cars. Yes there is those that will always go above and beyond, but you have that in every organization. Most of us are enthusiasts, just with a passion for the car including a level of originality and not just driving the wheels off them.

My suggestion: Don't make judgments until you have checked it out in person, You might just surprise yourself.
Went to a couple of NCRS events. Bunch of old guys drinking their wine and socializing. Basically ignoring the fact that I had C4's and newer models. Wanted to make suggestions for corrections on the judging manual to correct errors for the new 90-91 judging when it was released. They didn't care to know the errors, only told me to join. I've heard it has gotten better with the reception of the C4's, but still an old guys club. I don't do the country club setting/golf club social hour. Then again, driving my car or racing is my enjoyment, instead of worrying if my car has the correct marking on a bolt head.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:41 AM
Bajaholic
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ChumpVette
Went to a couple of NCRS events. Bunch of old guys drinking their wine and socializing. Basically ignoring the fact that I had C4's and newer models. Wanted to make suggestions for corrections on the judging manual to correct errors for the new 90-91 judging when it was released. They didn't care to know the errors, only told me to join. I've heard it has gotten better with the reception of the C4's, but still an old guys club. I don't do the country club setting/golf club social hour. Then again, driving my car or racing is my enjoyment, instead of worrying if my car has the correct marking on a bolt head.
Sorry you had a less than positive experience. NCRS is a national organization with many chapters. You will not find the same group of people in every area. I am guessing since you stated you were a C4 person this was many years ago. since the cars have to be 20 years old and we are now into C5's.

To be fair, if someone I never met came up to me and started telling me all the issues that need to be resolved before I got to know them, their experience or background, I may too just look past them. UNFORTUNATELY there is MANY arm chair quarterbacks that walk around events spewing what they think they know. Seriously I do not know you at all, so you could be completely qualified to make those changes!!! All I ask is keep an open mind and check out a few other Chapters meetings and/or events. Yes at an Event, STRESS can be observed because people are having their cars judged and opinions of their hard work are being discussed. But outside of that, there is learning and camaraderie of a specific hobby. It can be social or detailed, it is just what you the attendee want to make of it.

Unfortunately, the Corvette group is aging and there has been lots of conversations of how to get you people involved. We look openly to those ideas. In the last few years, strides have been taken to new ideas, but the main premise must still exist, the history and restoration/preservation of Corvettes.

If driving is what you enjoy, Great! I just feel if you make a statement of 0 years just to make it, you are presenting something that may sound negative to those that have enjoyed the program for a number of years.
The following users liked this post:
IHBD (12-12-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 09:19 PM
johno504
Racer

St. Jude Donor '19

my NCRS membership number starts with 3 and is 4 digits

Get notified of new replies

To NCRS membership

Quick Reply: NCRS membership