Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

My first post and question

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 05:47 PM
snesgenesis
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

LadyInRed I live in NW Georgia, near Cherokee Co. Finding C5 and newer Vettes is pretty easy but the C4's have been a little challenging. I think Mr.Peabody makes a great point, that how the car was maintained over the years will determine how much money to put into the car. I grew up really liking the C4 body design and I might be in the minority but I love the C4's sleek and simple look.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:37 AM
2018LadyInRed
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are in Woodstock, so looks like we are pretty close to you.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:35 PM
DGXR
Melting Slicks

Received 346 Likes on 300 Posts

I agree, around $6000-7000 for that car based on the information here. I'm sure there are many items not shown which *may* affect the value. The headlight issue is not necessarily because of the motor, it's the gears that usually go out first. The wheels and touch screen stereo are not necessarily in the "plus" category unless you wanted them anyway. (You may have an easier time finding tires for those wheels, but many people prefer the original equipment). The clutch and transmission are probably a plus, but only if it drives well. The intakes are known for leaking so it's good this is being addressed. I don't see the mileage as an issue, it's got lots of life left, but of course factor it into the price. I would ask to see service documentation and receipts for parts or anything else -- a solid service history is the most important part of buying any used car. I love that blue paint color. The fact that it's a 1995 (with vented opti and other improvements) and a manual transmission make this car a very good choice. But I am biased
The seller is asking high dollar, but that is expected as a starting point. If you look at it closely and you decide that you want this car, remember that cash in hand can really motivate a seller. So be prepared to negotiate... and be prepared to walk away if you can't reach an agreement. These cars are toys and they are very fun, but they are NOT investments.
My first Corvette was a polo green 1995 base coupe, LT1 6-speed with nearly all factory options included (minus LT5/ZR1). Had a new optispark, everything worked and in good condition, no interior tears, 105k miles. I paid $7800 in Sacramento CA which was a good deal.

Quick Reply: My first post and question