Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C4 Corvettes, 1984 - 1996 > C4 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Newbie here needs help with exporting 1995 Convertible

Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Newbie here needs help with exporting 1995 Convertible

Old 01-31-2019, 01:38 PM
cbarz

Default Newbie here needs help with exporting 1995 Convertible

Hello, new guy here. Looking for some help. Last March, I purchased a 1995 Corvette Convertible for a client overseas.
Client provided me with a list of documents necessary to gain entry into country with car. Last October we put the car in a container and sent the car on it voyage across the ocean.
My client just contacted me on Monday and informed me that they now need a Compliance Certificate from the EPA.
Problem now is the EPA needs the Test Group number off the emissions label (under the hood) to be able to search and find if this certificate is available. And, if you've been following along, the car is currently in a container at sea. Catch 22.
Hoping someone can some one provide me with the Test Group number off the emissions label (under the hood)? Preferably off of a California car? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Here are some pic of the car in question. She's a beauty.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:20 PM
JrRifleCoach
CF Senior Member

Location: Criminals obey guns laws like politicians follow their oath to office Republik of Kalifornico"
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-19

When I sold Rose to a UK buyer, the process of exporting was his problem. Being as i'm in kali, as a courtesy I had a final smog check run (passed). That was not a requirement on his end. Otherwise, short of driving it to the loading docks and saying a final farewell, that was it. I did have a bank account opened for the sole purpose of security/transferring in the funds. Once the money was cleared, I drove to the shipper.

Hope this helps

Last edited by JrRifleCoach; 01-31-2019 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:13 PM
cbarz

Originally Posted by JrRifleCoach View Post
When I sold Rose to a UK buyer, the process of exporting was his problem. Being as i'm in kali, as a courtesy I had a final smog check run (passed). That was not a requirement on his end. Otherwise, short of driving it to the loading docks and saying a final farewell, that was it. I did have a bank account opened for the sole purpose of security/transferring in the funds. Once the money was cleared, I drove to the shipper.

Hope this helps
Thanks for your response. Actually, no, this doesn't help. Way beyond that point. Client/Buyer is requesting an EPA cert. I just need the Test Group number off the emissions label (under the hood) to be able to search and find if this certificate is available. I can't get the number myself, because the car is in a container at sea. All US cars would have this sticker under the hood. I just need the engine group number off a 1995 car with auto trans so i can get the EPA to search the certificate.

Looking for this:

Thanks guys.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:29 PM
jpipx
CF Senior Member

I just looked at the emissions label on my 95 vert and there isn't any section labeled "Test Group" or "Engine Group" anywhere on it.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:45 AM
radar502
CF Senior Member

I have idea ,STOP sending these nice Corvette overseas..
Old 02-01-2019, 11:51 AM
WVZR-1
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,000 Times in 958 Posts

Originally Posted by cbarz View Post
Thanks for your response. Actually, no, this doesn't help. Way beyond that point. Client/Buyer is requesting an EPA cert. I just need the Test Group number off the emissions label (under the hood) to be able to search and find if this certificate is available. I can't get the number myself, because the car is in a container at sea. All US cars would have this sticker under the hood. I just need the engine group number off a 1995 car with auto trans so i can get the EPA to search the certificate.

Looking for this:

Thanks guys.

You'll NOT FIND an EFN for anything marketed prior to OBDII requirements that went into effect '96 and later production. Your sample is from a Cali information distribution. What country is the car going to?

Information for EXPORTING you'll find here. Use the EXPORTING link last on left!

https://www.epa.gov/importing-vehicl...icle-car-truck

I'd think a CATALYST LABEL snapshot from a '95 would suffice. There's maybe as many as 4 different for a '95. The CALI tag on the car means nothing for a correct label. Take the VIN to a GM dealer and see which you need.

POSTER #5 has a real solution!!!

Last edited by WVZR-1; 02-01-2019 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:03 PM
cbarz

Thanks for the info. OK, looks like I need the Engine Family number and not the Test Group?
  • Engine Family # (only for pre-2001 light-duty cars and trucks, and nonroad and heavy-duty engines/vehicles).
Any ideas? I've already sent request to EPA, and this is what they are asking for. TIA.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:14 PM
WVZR-1
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by cbarz View Post
Thanks for the info. OK, looks like I need the Engine Family number and not the Test Group?
  • Engine Family # (only for pre-2001 light-duty cars and trucks, and nonroad and heavy-duty engines/vehicles).
Any ideas? I've already sent request to EPA, and this is what they are asking for. TIA.
There isn't one for a '95 - visit a dealer with the VIN and ask the emissions class NB6 or NA5. A correct label will have sufficient information for you!

Last edited by WVZR-1; 02-01-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:38 PM
cbarz

Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
There isn't one for a '95 - visit a dealer with the VIN and ask the emissions class NB6 or NA5

Thanks! I'll give it a shot and see what I come up with.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:31 PM
WVZR-1
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by jpipx View Post
I just looked at the emissions label on my 95 vert and there isn't any section labeled "Test Group" or "Engine Group" anywhere on it.
If you'd post a snapshot of your labels it would be much easier to explain to the OP what information he needs. A detailed snapshot would be most helpful.

Actually anyone with a '95 could post theirs and be 'helpful'.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 02-01-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:51 PM
cbarz

Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
If you'd post a snapshot of your labels it would be much easier to explain to the OP what information he needs. A detailed snapshot would be most helpful.

Actually anyone with a '95 could post theirs and be 'helpful'.
Thanks!
Old 02-01-2019, 07:39 PM
jpipx
CF Senior Member

Here's a picture of the tag from my vert... hope it helps!

Last edited by jpipx; 02-01-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:33 PM
WVZR-1
CF Senior Member

That label is a '95 A4 with FEDERAL EMISSIONS, if the OP had the same specification after his dealership visit then that should give him everything he needs. Dependent upon what the fellow across the pond needs this would I believe suffice. There's a couple more possibilities but until the OP posts back it's all that can be provided.\

OP - when you visit the dealer ask for the correct part # of the 'EMISSIONS LABEL'. You could then post back mentioning that part # and someone could provide you a correct image to forward!!

Last edited by WVZR-1; 02-01-2019 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:28 AM
cbarz

That's exactly what I'm looking for! It's the numbers in the upper left corner I need. Thankyouohsomuch!!!
Old 02-07-2019, 07:23 PM
cbarz

Just wanted to give a big thanks to you guy for helping me out. The engine family code on the sticker was exactly what i needed to get this:

Thanks again guys! You ROCK!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newbie here needs help with exporting 1995 Convertible

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: