Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Exterior window tint?

Old 02-11-2019, 08:28 AM
jmgtp
CF Senior Member

Default Exterior window tint?

Any such thing exist? Iím wanting to reduce heat in the car under a strong sunmer sun and for the rear glass Iím hesitant to go the traditional window tint route since if I ever want to remove it there is risk of damage to the defroster lines. I was thinking of a vinyl wrap which people use on the exterior of cars all the time and it holds up well. Just canít seem to find one that is a translucent tint.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmgtp For This Useful Post:
marines (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 11:19 AM
RockyL32
CF Senior Member

Location: If your not the lead dog the view never changes Boise, Id

Hard to find now but there was a rear window louver made for the C4. I have been looking for one but no luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to RockyL32 For This Useful Post:
marines (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 11:05 PM
FAUEE
CF Senior Member

They make 0% tint that blocks uv and heat. If you're concerned about tiny being too dark, that's the route I would go.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:12 AM
novaks47
CF Member

Tint can be removed without damaging the defroster no problem. Get some quotes for Llumar ceramic tint, specifically the CTX line. Its not super cheap, but far from the most expensive. You can get it in clear, or nearly any shade you want, and it blocks nearly all UV rays regardless of shade. I had this stuff installed on my Volt, and it has greatly reduced the temps in the car. I no longer feel like my forearm is on fire in the summer when the sun is beating down on it, lol. I plan on having the same stuff installed on my C4 this year. There is one thing about that tint though, and it bothers some people, but I dont mind. Inside the car, it has a slight blue hue to it, depending on how the sunlight hits it, so something to keep in mind. Llumar makes other good products too, if the blue hue bothers you. Huper Optik and 3M Crystalline are good choices too, but they're a bit spendy, especially the Huper.

Last edited by novaks47; 02-12-2019 at 12:13 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exterior window tint?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: