C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

First year C8 will be like GM’s other mid engine. 84 Fiero

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 01:54 PM
confab
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Y-bodluvr
Were the NSX and Audi R8 called “the Dollar Store Lambo when they came out just because they were mid engined and cheaper than the Lambo? No..and I’m expecting the C8 to be a far better car than the 90-05 NSX’s in every aspect except maybe engine reliability and almost as good a car as the current Audi R8 for half the price....it will probably be better in a lot of areas...
Those are other cars.. Other brands.

GM took a big gamble here and I said I think it will pay off.

But it is still a gamble.

I doubt this but ff, for whatever reason, America doesn't like the idea of a mid-engine Vette? It's gonna hurt.

A lot.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:56 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,444 Likes on 2,802 Posts

Originally Posted by Y-bodluvr
Were the NSX and Audi R8 called “the Dollar Store Lambo when they came out just because they were mid engined and cheaper than the Lambo? No..and I’m expecting the C8 to be a far better car than the 90-05 NSX’s in every aspect except maybe engine reliability and almost as good a car as the current Audi R8 for half the price....it will probably be better in a lot of areas...
I mean, yeah they did. The r8 and nsx also came from brands with better reputations than Chevy. Being half the price of the r8, which is already half the price of a real exotic is just going to dilute the image people are looking for.

Put it this way, you're going to lunch, you can go to Longhorns, or for half the price you can get McDonalds. Or you could spend half of what McDonalds costs and eat leftovers. How many people are going to be like "wow, I wish I could afford leftovers"? Because let's be real, when you buy an exotic (or any impractical car for that matter), it's either for emotional reasons where alternatives dont matter, or for people attention.
Old 04-18-2019, 05:53 PM
ElisTwoCents
Le Mans Master

Received 420 Likes on 234 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06,'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

I'm waiting for GM to perfect the Corvette, that's why for now I'll keep driving a C4

Quick Reply: First year C8 will be like GM’s other mid engine. 84 Fiero