C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

aFe Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 01:50 PM
Polizei45
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default aFe Air Filter

I'm looking to pick up a new air filter for my 96 and was wondering if anyone has used the aFe Magnum Flow PRO Dry S air filter and their thoughts on it. They make oiled, air filter like the K&N filter.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:10 PM
novaks47
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 94 Posts

I don't have one for my C4, but I had one in a Chevy Colorado I used to have. Very nice filters, well constructed, perfect fit. It fit better than most the OEM-type ones I tried. Way more pleats than your average K&N, which means greater surface area = more flow. Now, I doubt it would flow more than an OEM filter, but there's no gains to be had with our intakes anyways. What you gain with the Dry S filter is the ability to clean it, and no oil to buy or over-use and get on the MAF. I liked that it was multi-layered, so it actually filtered properly, much like the OEM filter. IMO, oiled foam filters are for dirt bikes, not street cars, and even then, the ones on motos are usually 2-3 times the thickness of a panel filter. Those K&N's never filter as well as the paper filters.

It's really just a question of how much being able to clean the filter is worth to you.

Last edited by novaks47; 04-16-2019 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:31 PM
bac22
Le Mans Master

Received 186 Likes on 163 Posts

I don't know the brand, but just don't get pulled into the "% increase in HP using our filters" BS. Personally, cost me more time to clean a filter then buy just a high quality brand replacement filter.

Get notified of new replies

To aFe Air Filter

Quick Reply: aFe Air Filter