everyone wants to race

Old 05-15-2019, 06:05 AM
ZHammer
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 73DBG View Post
This is spot on 👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻

Now for the guys talking about calling the cops and video recording a dude who revs his engine....🙄 makes a quick pull....🙄 unbelievable.....maybe sell the vette and get a hybrid....

This guy gets it. Kudos
Old 05-16-2019, 09:29 AM
Gibbles
CF Senior Member

Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

I had some guy in a honda trying to race me last year.
He even had those nitrous sprays coming out by his windshield.
I just revved my engine at him and proceeded to ignore him.
Then he shot off at an unsafe speed in the city with lots of people on the roads.

I have a dash cam, and i will strongly suggest to get one with a rear camera.
I love my dash camera!
Old 05-16-2019, 11:11 AM
Steves LS6
CF Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

This is spot on 👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻

Now for the guys talking about calling the cops and video recording a dude who revs his engine....🙄 makes a quick pull....🙄 unbelievable.....maybe sell the vette and get a hybrid....

It's not just the "superheroes" videoing that can get you in trouble. An idiot on YouTube was arrested for videoing himself in his Hellcat racing on the 355 located in "Mexico". He even went to a street race and posted a video on his channel showing everyone's license plate that was racing. The Plainfield police arrested a few other people at the same time they brought him in. I believe he could get 3 years in jail.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:23 AM
aklim
CF Senior Member

Received 807 Likes on 791 Posts

Originally Posted by Steves LS6 View Post
It's not just the "superheroes" videoing that can get you in trouble. An idiot on YouTube was arrested for videoing himself in his Hellcat racing on the 355 located in "Mexico". He even went to a street race and posted a video on his channel showing everyone's license plate that was racing. The Plainfield police arrested a few other people at the same time they brought him in. I believe he could get 3 years in jail.
Kinda why I do not want any pictures of the act. I don't want to be the provider of the evidence to nail myself. I can't control what you do but I can control what I do.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:30 PM
73DBG
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

Well this specific guy isn’t the sharpest knife that’s for sure, posting plates and undeniable landmarks leaving location services on, not using a VPN to mask IP address to “whoever’s” YouTube channel...posting real names and identity....all that can and will pin you down specifically, not very smart moves were made.....I do have concerns about fourth amendment violations on some of this after the fact arrests using social media but if your gonna do “hoodrat ****” be smart about it....cover your tracks and make them work...at that point even a shitty lawyer will get that case dropped....still gonna be hassle so not doing “hoodrat ****” is the easy solution.

Buuuuttttt....and there’s always a but....if you must partake in “hoodrat ****” maybe have a plan? Just in case **** gets weird or you have to leave your fate in the hands of the dude who got caught not being smart.....👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻

Old 05-16-2019, 04:21 PM
aklim
CF Senior Member

Well this specific guy isn’t the sharpest knife that’s for sure, posting plates and undeniable landmarks leaving location services on, not using a VPN to mask IP address to “whoever’s” YouTube channel...posting real names and identity....all that can and will pin you down specifically, not very smart moves were made.....I do have concerns about fourth amendment violations on some of this after the fact arrests using social media but if your gonna do “hoodrat ****” be smart about it....cover your tracks and make them work...at that point even a shitty lawyer will get that case dropped....still gonna be hassle so not doing “hoodrat ****” is the easy solution.

Buuuuttttt....and there’s always a but....if you must partake in “hoodrat ****” maybe have a plan? Just in case **** gets weird or you have to leave your fate in the hands of the dude who got caught not being smart.....👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻

https://youtu.be/GRpO_GzcyyI
Or how about not recording yourself doing anything?
Old 05-16-2019, 04:29 PM
2LZ
CF Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

I pulled up to the one and only stop sign in Volcano one day and a drunk on a mule asked me to race. By the time I parked, he beat me to the bar. That was tough to live down.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:30 PM
Gibbles
CF Senior Member

Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

I love the special people that try and bully you for doing a slight pull away.
This guy would stalk me daily, try and get in front of me and try to cause a wreck.
Normally i would see him coming and just accelerate away from him.

Finally we had this cell phone match and he went away... lol!

As he is driving off of the exit on the right side of me, I'm signaling for him to shoot himself in the head.
I like to believe he did.

If you look carefully you can see his expression change while I'm doing the hand signals.

Last edited by Gibbles; 05-16-2019 at 04:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
novaks47 (05-16-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 04:43 PM
novaks47
CF Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

^ Ah yes, gotta love those self appointed traffic enforcement nutjobs! I've ran into a few myself. There's some real crazies in the Bay Area. They all do the same thing, they get all butt-hurt over what they perceive as "dangerous", or simply disapprove of(such as accelerating slightly faster than them), and their solution? Why, to engage in the same dangerous behavior in order to catch up, and then try to cause a wreck of course!

"OMG, that guy is driving dangerously, he could cause a wreck! I know just what to do, I'll go even faster, and when I've caught up, I'll try and cause a wreck! That'll show 'em!" - Hypocrite self appointed traffic police everywhere

If someone is really doing something dangerous, either ignore it, or call the actual police and let them deal with it, and move on. How hard is it?

Last edited by novaks47; 05-16-2019 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:51 PM
aklim
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by novaks47 View Post
^ Ah yes, gotta love those self appointed traffic enforcement nutjobs! I've ran into a few myself. There's some real crazies in the Bay Area. They all do the same thing, they get all butt-hurt over what they perceive as "dangerous", or simply disapprove of(such as accelerating slightly faster than them), and their solution? Why, to engage in the same dangerous behavior in order to catch up, and then try to cause a wreck of course!

"OMG, that guy is driving dangerously, he could cause a wreck! I know just what to do, I'll go even faster, and when I've caught up, I'll try and cause a wreck! That'll show 'em!" - Hypocrite self appointed traffic police everywhere

If someone is really doing something dangerous, either ignore it, or call the actual police and let them deal with it, and move on. How hard is it?
Madison WI had a Mayor that chased someone down for speeding. Paul Soglin IIRC. Cops didn't give either a ticket
Old 05-16-2019, 05:01 PM
Steves LS6
CF Senior Member

https://youtu.be/GRpO_GzcyyI

This guy seemed like he was okay until he got internet famous. Then the fame went to his head and he got stupid sloppy. The plate frame is cool. Where did you get it?
Old 05-16-2019, 05:06 PM
Steves LS6
CF Senior Member

I always ignore people. Its not worth the risk. There are some crazy people out there.
The following users liked this post:
novaks47 (05-16-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 05:13 PM
novaks47
CF Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim View Post
Madison WI had a Mayor that chased someone down for speeding. Paul Soglin IIRC. Cops didn't give either a ticket
That's a fine example of what I'm talking about. They see someone speeding, so their solution is to speed, lol. What do they think is going to happen? Idiots. If a cop doesn't observe it, the most they can do is give the person a stern talking to.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:30 PM
aklim
CF Senior Member

That's a fine example of what I'm talking about. They see someone speeding, so their solution is to speed, lol. What do they think is going to happen? Idiots. If a cop doesn't observe it, the most they can do is give the person a stern talking to.
I think it is the "I'm going to save you and/or society from this perp". Part of the "Friends don't let friends drive drunk" thing. I would advise you to not drink and drive but I won't take your keys away. I'm not your mother nor am I your father.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:03 PM
73DBG
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by aklim View Post
Or how about not recording yourself doing anything?
I do believe in the last paragraph I addressed that. Pretty clearly, in its most simplest form.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:07 PM
73DBG
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

This guy seemed like he was okay until he got internet famous. Then the fame went to his head and he got stupid sloppy. The plate frame is cool. Where did you get it?
Small business out of Northern California 12Voltvillains

You can get any design you want, it comes with everything you need and the ability to control front/rear plate from the same remote. It’s expensive when you live in a state that requires two plates though. Mine does not so rear only for me.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:06 PM
QCVette
CF Senior Member

Received 320 Likes on 280 Posts

I don't get many people trying to race my Corvettes. When they do, it is frequently a trashed car that is slow with a big fart can on it.

When I was young and stupid, I raced a lot (both on and off the track). Almost never now.

But for the other end of the spectrum, I had a 68 VW camper with a 47 hp motor. I raced everything and from every traffic light. I usually lost, and they probably did not know I was racing. It was the slowest car I have ever driven. But it was fun.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:12 PM
Steves LS6
CF Senior Member

Small business out of Northern California 12Voltvillains

You can get any design you want, it comes with everything you need and the ability to control front/rear plate from the same remote. It’s expensive when you live in a state that requires two plates though. Mine does not so rear only for me.

I live in IL we have to have two plates here.......Since 1989 I only had one car with two plates my current DD. Only because I park on the street. If CPD still wrote parking tickets for Chicago instead of a company the city hired I would never have gotten a ticket for not having one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: everyone wants to race

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: