Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Car Cover

Old 05-15-2019, 11:31 PM
egriff60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Cover

I am looking for information on an all weather car cover for a MINT 1994 with 19000 miles it will be parked outside for the summer
WHAT IS THE BEST COVER I CAN GET FOR IT????
Old 05-15-2019, 11:41 PM
BLUE1972
CF Senior Member

Received 295 Likes on 262 Posts

Rent a garage, all the covers will polish the corners.

If you keep it outside protect the tires from the sun. Protect the car from rodents. Add 2 or 3 extra ties under the car to restrict wind fluffing.

I use a Leader cover - it's ok but my car is not mint, keeps the crap out of the car and keeps the car "dry".
Old 05-16-2019, 12:10 AM
Mr. Peabody
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 169 Likes on 148 Posts

Well you don't say where you are or what the weather is like.

I have just so many vettes that one of them won't fit into the garage so several years ago I bought an all weather car cover from California Car Covers. It was not inexpensive but it has worked quite well in the wind and rain that we get here in Seattle most all year round. Came with it's own storage bag and with a pair of strings with adjustable clips at each end to clip behind the front bumper cover and behind the rear wheel wells.

One thing to note. The cover is breathable and water resistant. It is not 100% water proof. Thus if it pours for 3 days in a row, when you remove the cover, there will be some moisture on the surface of the car that I wipe off with a micro fiber towel.

It has held up very well in heavy rain, high winds and the foot of snow we had this past Super Bowl Sunday. On an all round basis I am very happy with it.

https://www.calcarcover.com/
Old 05-16-2019, 11:34 PM
CE1
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

calcarcover yes!
Old 05-16-2019, 11:53 PM
ZHammer
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by egriff60 View Post
I am looking for information on an all weather car cover for a MINT 1994 with 19000 miles it will be parked outside for the summer
WHAT IS THE BEST COVER I CAN GET FOR IT????

Bad idea.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car Cover

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: