C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

C4 Air Cleaner Housing

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 05:06 PM
mr-riff
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C4 Air Cleaner Housing

I have a 1994 LT1. I just went to replace my air cleaner and noticed the Air intake housing had a sponge type seal that was used to help seal the air filter to the housing. This seal/sponge has disintegrated and I cannot find a replacement part. Can someone explain my options or what they have done to correct this issue.

Thanks
Ron
Old 05-23-2019, 03:20 PM
eagleye
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 46 Posts

I would try using some insulating tape like the stuff on windows and doors? Just be careful when you tighten the two screws closest to the outside of the car. They are a little longer than the other and I know from experience, they can be turned into the AC coil. That was an $800 mistake I made on my 93 a few years back.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:07 PM
turtle96
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

I had the exact same issue on my 1996 LT1. I went to replace the air filter and noticed there was a seal between the lid and housing. Looking at online parts info there was no seal like that when the car was built. My lid did not perfectly seal to the housing so I did exactly what eagleye said and got some air conditioner foam and made another one. Seems to be working.

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Air Cleaner Housing

Quick Reply: C4 Air Cleaner Housing