Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Now I've done it!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 11:02 PM
rusty76
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

If the tires aren't too old I'll take my time getting the stock wheels re-shoed but if they're old they're gone. Planning a trip in the next couple weeks with it and I don't do long runs on old tires. Something I became sensitive about as a motorcyclist.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:55 AM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Congrats on your new '93 and welcome to the Forum.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:01 AM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 476 Posts

Congrats on the ride. As far as the Z06 rims go, other that being wide in the rear, I like them. In fact I like them so much I put them on my 86. Funny thing on the gas gauge, went through the same thing when I picked up my 86. Bought it at a car auction in New Mexico. Went to get it and pulled out onto the highway. As I'm going down the highway, everything looked OK till I realized I couldn't find the gas gauge. I also found a gas station and it took something like 17-18 gallons to fill it up. I didn't see a 'check gauges' light, nor at the time did I see the gas gauge, but it had to be running on fumes.

Personally I think the Z06 rims compliment the C4 body style, but I'd worry about how far those rears are sitting outside the body. One good bump and they could contact the body. Personally I'd like to see them sit further into the wheel well.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:19 AM
rusty76
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by bud40oz
those wheels look great man, don't take em off.. especially for summer time plus they look like they are the big fat z06 rims.. look killer to me
Originally Posted by 1bdvet
Nice ride, and before I would do anything I would leave the wheels for now, who knows it might grow on you.

Summer is here, so have fun! When winter arrives, ,right be the time to swap out the wheels.
Originally Posted by hcbph
Congrats on the ride. As far as the Z06 rims go, other that being wide in the rear, I like them. In fact I like them so much I put them on my 86. Funny thing on the gas gauge, went through the same thing when I picked up my 86. Bought it at a car auction in New Mexico. Went to get it and pulled out onto the highway. As I'm going down the highway, everything looked OK till I realized I couldn't find the gas gauge. I also found a gas station and it took something like 17-18 gallons to fill it up. I didn't see a 'check gauges' light, nor at the time did I see the gas gauge, but it had to be running on fumes.

Personally I think the Z06 rims compliment the C4 body style, but I'd worry about how far those rears are sitting outside the body. One good bump and they could contact the body. Personally I'd like to see them sit further into the wheel well.

That's a nice looking convertible you've got there -- good color.

Think about it, what late model car could I buy, for the money, that even comes close to my 'vette? The fact that I'm going to have to tinker with it is icing on the cake.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:59 AM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Originally Posted by rusty76
Think about it, what late model car could I buy, for the money, that even comes close to my 'vette?
None. Nothing. The value you get in C4's right now is unbeatable.

Quick Reply: Now I've done it!