Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Replacing sun visors 1996 convertible

Old 07-11-2019, 05:52 PM
Tony 1996C4
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing sun visors 1996 convertible

I'm replacing my sun visors on my 1996 convertible. Can anyone give me information on how to disconnect the sun visor vanity light plug? I'm not sure if I have to remove the trim panel to get to the plug. In the videos I've watched, the plug is already exposed. Where would mine be located and what would I need to disassemble in order to get to it. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:17 PM
MikeBusch2
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

On my '92, I was able to lightly pull the wires until the connector came out of the trim panel. My connector appeared to simply be stuffed up in the trim panel, out of the way of the post holes for the convertible top.

When I replaced mine, all I needed to disassemble was the plastic cover on each side of the top of the windshield. Two screws and it pulls out, and that exposes the nylock nut that fastens the visor arm through the mount hole, spring, and spring retainer.

When I reassembled, I tightened the nut just to the point where I felt the visor wasn't too tight or too loose when rotating the visor around. After it was all re-assembled, it squeaked like hell, so I took it apart, again, to apply a light coating of grease to all the metal-on-metal parts.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:51 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 559 Likes on 436 Posts

My recommendation is remove those POS.

they rattled, blocked vision, and were just damn complicated on my vert (ie. Interfered with the headliner levers to unlatch the top).

i carry sunglasses, and a backup pair (in case a passenger forgets).

one of the best mods i ever did (removing those cheap abominations)

Get notified of new replies

To Replacing sun visors 1996 convertible

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replacing sun visors 1996 convertible