Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

family vettes, will add more pics as progress.

Old 07-12-2019, 07:52 AM
pooled
CF Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default family vettes, will add more pics as progress.

Just thought I would send a photo of the 3 corvettes in my shop. My father 1973 sanded, my brother 1975 ZZ430 crate motor. and of course mine 1991. they are finally in the main shop to have the body work completed. hope yall enjoy, wish the best on your projects.

zz430 limited edition crate
Old 07-12-2019, 09:49 AM
95LT1ZF
CF Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Looks like a happy place.
The following users liked this post:
pooled (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 11:04 AM
sluggballz
CF Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice. Makes me kinda jealous.
The following users liked this post:
pooled (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 07:06 PM
pooled
CF Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The back story of why the 75 was wrecked and now being rebuilt to a race car, my brother was driving through the cincinatti underground tunnels coming back from a hank williams jr concert, =wall, enough said. Cops were pretty upset about a corvette in the wall and nobody there to be found, luckily a nice tow truck went and got it.

My brothers 75, the picture of his motor you see there, I am just blown away with that ZZ430, I guess when you buy one, it also gives the recommended heads, etc. well he bought all the recommendations except for he got the edelbrock RPM airgap intake, which was better than the recommendation and the carb uses the mechanical secondarys instead of the vacumn. everything on that car has been upgraded, electric fans, long tube ceramic headers, bushings, the transmission has the torque converter, no shift kit. im worried about the wheels, those stock wheels with the wheel covers too me are ****, but really what would look good on a 75, certainly nothing like mine, maybe the 1980s? they are better wheels.

Im the first one in our family to try to modify a EFI car, and the first one to even buy one. We have owned a 1965 Mustang GT 2+2, 1980 corvette, 1985 mustang GT (My first car) previously.
when I was 18 just out of high school, i got a motor from a 1991 mustang, it had the nice forged pistons, I had my stock heads ported, I bought the edlebrock airgap intake when they first came out, 650 Carb DP, Ford racing F cam, and swapped my motor in a weekend. added LT hooker headers, had an H pipe build into flows, and my brother bought me a ford racing T5 transmission. I changed it to an electronic fuel pump. I added a cowl saleen hood and wing, better wheels. Stock that old mustang convertable ran a 15.60 in the 1/4. After my motor I ran a 14.30. not bad for my first car with only like $1400 budget with crappy 3.08 gears. then I bought a flex a lite fan. and new performance struts and shocks, but never got to race it before i sold it. the guy i sold it put a 3.73 gears in it. I sold it in 2006 and tried to buy it back a few years ago but he sold it sadly.

So what do i think of the EFI, yeah it has potential but i prefer carb, more mods, parts, and cheaper parts for them. Also there is a ton of mis information on EFI, so far i havent meet anyone that knows what they are doing when it comes to these the ECM's.

I love corvettes sure, mainly C-4s but I would prefer an older 60's mustang, mach 1, boss etc. but both are not affordable so who cares right ?
Old 07-12-2019, 07:07 PM
1bdvet
CF Senior Member

Received 1,453 Likes on 1,342 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Love to see them in all there glory when they completed, love seeing what was and then what is now!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: family vettes, will add more pics as progress.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: