NOS key fob wouldn't program

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 12:01 AM
dagwoodz28
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 29 Posts
Default NOS key fob wouldn't program

My car is a 1995 Corvette

So, my car didn't have any remotes when i bought it, and I was able to buy a NOS keyfob from a local GM dealership who happened to find one on the shelf at another dealership. Anyways, I paid $154 for the thing, and i couldn't get it to program to my car. The GM dealer tried, and i tried....several times.

Anyways, i have been having trouble with my interior lights staying on, too. So i took it out of winter storage a few days ago and painted the hood and front bumper cover, and while it was in the shop i thought I'd try to figure out the interior light problem. I had ordered a new jamb switch a few months ago, so I at least had a new part on hand. The passenger side jamb switch was the culprit! Now the interior lights work perfectly.

So, i thought since everything electrical is actually working, I'd try to program my keyless entry remote again. And, IT PROGRAMMED ON THE FIRST ATTEMPT. So, evidently, everything needs to be in check with the door jamb switches in order to program a keyless entry remote....and is something that people might want to remember for future use!

Last edited by dagwoodz28; 02-24-2020 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:19 PM
wes_wes101
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Duuuuuude...you just solved my problem! Also bought a NOS keyfob, it wouldn't connect, and my driver door switch is wonky. I just decided to stop messing with the keyfob, but now I know the issue! Thanks!
Old 02-24-2020, 02:42 PM
dagwoodz28
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 29 Posts

Awesome! Hopefully that works for you, too! I was so frustrated with it, that I almost just sold the fob and gave up on it. Glad I didn't! Good luck!

Get notified of new replies

To NOS key fob wouldn't program

Quick Reply: NOS key fob wouldn't program