C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

1984 c4 dash pad dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 07:42 PM
Vetteted
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1984 c4 dash pad dimensions

Hello all.. Ted is my name from Melbourne Australia. I have been restoring my 84 vette and to date have completed conversion to RIGHT HAND DRIVE and replacing Cross Fire Injection with carburetor system.. these mods now require me to design and build a custom dash , however I Do Not Have DASHPAD to use as a template to make it.
WOULD ANYONE ON THIS FORUM HAVE A DASHPAD THAT THEY ARE PREPARED TO TAKE ENOUGH MEASUREMENTS AS TO ALLOW ME TO MOCK UP AN ACCURATE CARDBOARD TEMPLATE OF THE CORRECT LENGTH , WIDTH AND CURVITURE.
I have tried to buy a new or used dashpad from US but the shipping costs are outrageous. ..
Heeeeeeellllllllpppppp...
I THANK YOU IN ANTICIPATION
Old 10-30-2020, 10:33 AM
FostersPerformance
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 479 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I could prob get them from my 88 if thall work. I built my own interior (not done yet) but i wanted to stay with the stock dash pad as it fits my design.

IF i make my own dash pad the way to go is get a big piece of foam and carve and shape to your liking. Leave room on the sides to get side a-pillar pieces in. Then use West System resin to seal it then you can vinyl it (or whatever you desire)....
Old 10-30-2020, 06:10 PM
Vetteted
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1984 C4 dashpad dimensions

If you could take enough measurements for me to fabricate an accurate template I will be forever in your debt. You can email the measurements directly to me teddelia561@gmail.com.
In regards to the material to use... you are spot on as I intend to manufacture the entire dashboard in Right Hand Drive configuration out of foam , check for fit and functionality before applying fiberglass and resin.
Thank you in anticipation of receiving the dashpad dimensions that would allow me to finish off my beast and finally unleash it.

Get notified of new replies

To 1984 c4 dash pad dimensions

Quick Reply: 1984 c4 dash pad dimensions