C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Need a replacement air dam/scoop

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2024, 10:08 PM
Captain Steve
Heel & Toe

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Need a replacement air dam/scoop

I bumped/scraped a concrete parking block with the front scoop/air dam when pulling into a parking spot. I felt it make contact and slowly backed off. There was no visible damage and I thought I'd gotten away with it. Drove 450 miles home the next day and when I arrived the entire scoop/airdam {?} was gone. Never felt it drop off... Not sure where to look to find a replacement. Seems like I should be able to buy a replacement and reinstall it but need advice as to where to search.

Old 05-10-2024, 10:15 PM
Cruisinfanatic
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Clifton Park, NY ..............Clearwater, FL ... 85 Original Owner
Received 559 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Steve
I bumped/scraped a concrete parking block with the front scoop/air dam when pulling into a parking spot. I felt it make contact and slowly backed off. There was no visible damage and I thought I'd gotten away with it. Drove 450 miles home the next day and when I arrived the entire scoop/airdam {?} was gone. Never felt it drop off... Not sure where to look to find a replacement. Seems like I should be able to buy a replacement and reinstall it but need advice as to where to search.
Google the part
Old 05-10-2024, 11:15 PM
typical boomer
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 51 Posts

If your lower radiator baffle and the left, right and center metal retainers are still in place then all you need are the plastic pieces.

https://www.corvettecentral.com/c4-8...f%3fcount%3d18
Old 05-11-2024, 02:01 PM
Captain Steve
Heel & Toe

Default Thanks...

Appreciate the quick rep[ly with the parts shown. As you can see I still have the three plastic pieces in place but there was an air dam {for lack of abetter description} forward of these three across the entire front and hanging down. That is what I scraped on the parking block and the brisk 450 mils ride home seems to have blown it away {???} On each side, lined up with the slight gap between the two smaller outside pieces and the longer center piece are thick black plastic pieces that appear to be what the air dam was attached to.

I'll give the Corvette parts site a call on Monday and thanks again.

[img]https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corvetteforum.com-vbulletin/2000x1504/img_3652_0a54369c60c2c8bc9436db11134f597 cf5105df3.jpeg

Old 05-11-2024, 02:23 PM
Captain Steve
Heel & Toe

Default Duh...

After reviewing the Corvette site it seems I may be searching for a solution for which there is no known problem... the government does this a lot. The three pieces that I do have, have seen better days and will plan on replacing them and ordering the mounting bolt kit as well. Thanks again.

Old 05-11-2024, 02:31 PM
typical boomer
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Steve
After reviewing the Corvette site it seems I may be searching for a solution for which there is no known problem... the government does this a lot. The three pieces that I do have, have seen better days and will plan on replacing them and ordering the mounting bolt kit as well. Thanks again.

When I ordered from Zip the mounting bolts in the kit were a bit too short. This was for an '84, so yours may be different. I ended up ordering some longer bolts on Amazon.

Get notified of new replies

To Need a replacement air dam/scoop

Quick Reply: Need a replacement air dam/scoop