Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Mighty C4 Owned by Ricer!!! What ever should I do now???

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 07:31 PM
Al R
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mighty C4 Owned by Ricer!!! What ever should I do now???

I was over in the C5 General the other day when I found this post by SvenOdin.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=672823

Up until then I had no idea, being 40 something myself, what being "Owned" meant or how to tell when you've been "Owned". :rolleyes: Silly kids. :lol: What will they think of next? :lol:

So anyway, I'm on my way back home last night after another fine meal at Outback and I spy a lane jumper moving in my mirror. As I roll up to a 4-way stop this ricer boy rolls up next to me, "almost" stops and then floors it on thru the intersection. (wasn't anything to get excited about) Of course I didn't bother to jump, no point in it even if I did street race, which I don't. I guess this qualifies as the "ricer fly by" I've heard about. It was some frosty haired yute in one of those factory winged wonders, I don't pay any attention to them and have no idea what kind of car it was, nor do I care.

So my friend and I are having a good laugh about this as I begin to roll from my stop when all of a sudden ricer boy flashes his emer. flashers twice. I looked over at my friend and exclaimed, "I've been Owned!!". After explaning what that meant to him we both had a hearty laugh and went on about our business. After thinking about this a bit I've come to wonder what I'm supposed to do next. I'm asking for your help in determining my next course of action, strictly for comedic relief of course.

I'll start with a few I thought of, feel free to add some idea's of your own on what one should do after being "Owned" by a Ricer boy.

Thanks and let's have fun here, please keep it in bounds so we don't get locked up. :D :D

Al. :cheers: :seeya

[Modified by Al R, 6:35 PM 10/24/2003]
Old 10-24-2003, 07:43 PM
Southern Comfort
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Mighty C4 Owned by Ricer!!! What ever should I do now??? (Al R)

Bend over and show him your "Fart Pipe" and explain the Kissing Procedure :lolg: :lolg: :lolg:
Old 10-24-2003, 07:46 PM
Al R
Instructor

Default Re: Mighty C4 Owned by Ricer!!! What ever should I do now??? (Southern Comfort)

Bend over and show him your "Fart Pipe" and explain the Kissing Procedure :lolg: :lolg: :lolg:

:eek: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: That's got to be close to the line there, thanks. :lol:

Al.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:55 PM
Fartleker
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

If you didn't race him (good move- waste of gas), that you officially weren't owned. The fool probably just thought you raced him and is undoubtedly telling all of his friends about beating you.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:07 PM
Gar
Racer

Default Re: Mighty C4 Owned by Ricer!!! What ever should I do now??? (UA89Vette)

STUPIT YUTES! :jester :steering:
Old 10-24-2003, 08:09 PM
Al R
Instructor

Default Re: Mighty C4 Owned by Ricer!!! What ever should I do now??? (UA89Vette)

If you didn't race him (good move- waste of gas), that you officially weren't owned. The fool probably just thought you raced him and is undoubtedly telling all of his friends about beating you.
I made no move at all on him and I'm sure he's telling all his friends about the Vette he "Owned". :lolg: :lolg: :lolg:
Old 10-24-2003, 08:11 PM
Rich & Lisa_84
Melting Slicks

Bend over and show him your "Fart Pipe" and explain the Kissing Procedure

He probably feels pretty cool about it, until one of his more logical friends sees how he wins and gives him crap infront of the boys.
If he is not careful, someday when he gets busted doing something stupid, BUBBA will show him what OWNED means. :hurray:
Old 10-24-2003, 08:37 PM
rocco16
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 129 Posts

I made no move at all on him and I'm sure he's telling all his friends about the Vette he "Owned".
The thing is; if his friends are familiar with cars at all, they all know his "win" was BS.... :lol: ....and he looks like an idiot.

Larry
code5coupe
:seeya
Old 10-25-2003, 12:37 PM
Caboboy
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22
'23-'24

I came in with the Clearasil idea, but I like the fart pipe too :lol:
Old 10-25-2003, 12:44 PM
redwing76
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funnie story. That happened to me the other night a late model VW golf, 17" wheels, fart pipe, lowered, bounced up next to me and gunned his bazzoka.

I was driving my 99 Tauras 160hp mighty Vulcan engine and two on board with the dog.

Light goes green, i luanch the mighty tauras half throttle, and boy racer faded in the distance. I heard him grabbing all the gears as fast as the could
and his tiny 2.0 was screaming. I backed off at 70 and he did a fly by.

Imagine getting "owned" by a Tauras? The shame of it all. :flag
Old 10-25-2003, 05:35 PM
joeveto
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

I was on my way to West Virginia Weslyan, loaded to the gills with family, in my Mitsubishi Montero Sport, 165 hp wonder ute.

A little a-hole in an Integra, fart piped, red, was miffed when I blew past him on the interstate. Apparently, my passing him flew in the face of everything he had been selling to his quite tasty girlfriend. So he gave chase. No big deal.

When I get off the interstate and stop at a light, before heading east on another, long winding road. He comes up on me fast. I can hear him gunning his engine. And so can everyone else within two zip codes. But they think it's a pack of mosquitos or an angry lawn mower. Perhaps a single prop getting ready to crash land.

When the light turns green, I figure what the hell?

Honestly, what do I have to lose by toying with Bevis in his waytoofast Acura? So I gun it. To my amazement, and despite all his ruckus that grew fainter with each 1000 RPM of my mighty (anemic) six, I pulled him. I took the little a-hole. And I didn't just take him by a little bit either. I smoked his azz!

My wife just shook her head. The kids got a real kick out of it. They nearly laughed themselves out of their car seats.

I finally backed off, once my point had been proven. Then, Bevis passed, looking only straight ahead. His tasty little piece in the passenger seat smiled at me (wife was not amused) and then gave her "man" a kiss to make it better.

:lolg:

Now, imagine if I had a NOS sticker on my truck. Whooooowee!
Old 10-28-2003, 04:42 AM
USAsOnlyWay
Le Mans Master

And by WWI plane I do mean this </IMG>
:jester

Edit.....dumb image

[Modified by USAsOnlyWay, 3:45 AM 10/28/2003]
Old 10-28-2003, 12:34 PM
85RIT
Racer

Default Re: Mighty C4 Owned by Ricer!!! What ever should I do now??? (joeveto)

Had one quite similar to you guys. My old roomate has a 2002 VW 1.8T. I wouldn't say its riced out, but he's put, close to $5000 in it (keep in mind I spent $7100 TO BUY MY CAR, plus $35 in parts). So the nagging began. "You only have about 235 HP, and now with my mods I have about that too (he has never dynoed it, but has a new downpipe, muffler, wheels, chip, and some stuff to regulate boost and such cause of the turbo). I'm just taking it, taking it, taking it, not really caring. Another buddy of mine also has a new VW, says "you know the 1.8T will take you". OK, maybe.

So the oppurtunity comes..(THIS IS NOT STREET RACING, IT WAS ALL UNDER LEGAL SPEED LIMITS). He is in front of me in a left hand turn lane, turning onto a road that is also two lanes, but changes to one after maybe 300 yards. So we get the green arrow, he goes, I go. He goes to the inside lane, me to the outside. I give the "old, underpowered" 85 some juice, I hear him FLOOR his car. I beat him to the single lane by quite a margin. We get out at our destination, he lookes at me with his bottom lip over the upper one, and says "you got me". No more do I hear anymore about how crappy my car is...

AND...I had the hot number in the passenger seat :D
Old 10-28-2003, 01:10 PM
GTrain
Team Owner

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

My impala SS seems to attract these "fly-by" ricers. I guess they see a 3800 lbs car and figure they are all slow. Little do they know, 90% of the Impala SS's are modded. I rarely see a stock one around. Ricers always end up being victims anyway...

:chevy
Old 10-28-2003, 02:26 PM
Omega1
Instructor

Default Re: Mighty C4 Owned by Ricer!!! What ever should I do now??? (GTrain)

I used to own a "ricer" before i came to the light. I had a 1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD Auto...it "owned" alot of larger displacement cars and i also got "owned" many times as well...i knew where it stood and rarely crossed that line.

Then i bought a 77 corvette and my dad offered up his 427BB to liven it up...it's almost together but i'm still waiting on a couple parts...meanwhile i needed a car and stumbled across a 1984 with newer motor & tranny (7k on driveline, 135k on car) for 4,000...honestly NOTHING I'VE EVER RIDDEN IN HANDLES LIKE MY C4...not a damn thing...it gets 25mpg on the highway and despite only being rated at 205hp is still crosses the traps in 15.34s...she's got leather, air, and the top comes off. gets tons of looks...couldn't ask for more...

ok enough ranting...bottom line...after owning both...There's too much to like about corvettes and I'D NEVER GO BACK TO AN IMPORT...EVER!!! :flag
Old 10-29-2003, 10:10 AM
HeeHaw89
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What does the use of flashers mean :confused:
Please tell me that is not their way of saying they just owned you.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:32 PM
vet95mb98
Instructor

You know what you have, and so does the rice burner. Deep down , hes saying i sure wish i could afford the insurance on that vette. Instead, he has to settle for a BB gun. And not a 44 magnum. :lolg:

Get notified of new replies

To Mighty C4 Owned by Ricer!!! What ever should I do now???

Quick Reply: Mighty C4 Owned by Ricer!!! What ever should I do now???