Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Need to keep the headlights up without the motor assembly in place...help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 06:28 PM
NUFSED
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to keep the headlights up without the motor assembly in place...help.

Thanks for your help.

I have an 84 and just as my luck typically goes, just when it starts getting dark earlier my left headlight motor (I'm assuming) goes out. When I turn the lights on the lamp doesn't rotate.

I called a Corvette parts store and they only offer a "rebuild service" and no longer have in stock the motor I need.

I'd like to know if once I take the motor off, will I be able to still use the manual **** and have it keep the headlights in the up/on position while I wait the 3-4 weeks it takes to get mine rebuilt.

Any info you have would be appreciated.

Take it light.
Old 11-01-2003, 06:50 PM
MyBlueC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05
CI VI Veteran

Default Re: Need to keep the headlights up without the motor assembly in place...help. (NUFSED)

The kit to rebuild headlamp motors is less than 60.00, that includes a gear and the pellets needed. I recently did mine and only purchased the pellets. I had less than 5 bucks in it. If you are not mechanically inclined, surely you can find someone trustworthy to do it locally. The whole job takes less than an hour.

If you are unable to do it yourself or find anyone locally, if you pay for the rebuild kit and send me the motor, I will rebuild it and send it back within 1 day at no charge.

You can call my shop if you'd like.

Collision Specialties, Inc.
13607 E. Independence Blvd.
Indian Trail, NC, 28079
(704) 882-1150

Mark
Old 11-01-2003, 08:47 PM
ductape
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 91 Likes on 63 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Need to keep the headlights up without the motor assembly in place...help. (C4 Newbie)

The kit to rebuild headlamp motors is less than 60.00, that includes a gear and the pellets needed. I recently did mine and only purchased the pellets. I had less than 5 bucks in it. If you are not mechanically inclined, surely you can find someone trustworthy to do it locally. The whole job takes less than an hour.

If you are unable to do it yourself or find anyone locally, if you pay for the rebuild kit and send me the motor, I will rebuild it and send it back within 1 day at no charge.

You can call my shop if you'd like.

Collision Specialties, Inc.
13607 E. Independence Blvd.
Indian Trail, NC, 28079
(704) 882-1150

Mark
:iagree: Yea, what he said. Once you take that puppy off, you're not going to want to do it again real soon. And no, without the motor you're kinda screwed.

Get notified of new replies

To Need to keep the headlights up without the motor assembly in place...help.

Quick Reply: Need to keep the headlights up without the motor assembly in place...help.