C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Got vandalized at work today

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 02:04 PM
scofolo
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got vandalized at work today

I parked next to my buddy today and walked outside to find both of our cars were spraypainted. He has a Saleen Mustang and they wrote Saleen across my door and wrote Blood across his door in orange paint. I am pissed.

Old 10-31-2004, 02:13 PM
93convtLT1
Racer

makes you wonder what the f*ck is wrong with people? 3m compound and a buffer will remove the paint, proably and enamel paint that will not hurt your base/clear coat
Old 10-31-2004, 02:14 PM
Cozmo
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
CentralTX Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Damn! Friggin morons! Wouldnt you like to get your hands on em.
Old 10-31-2004, 02:17 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

grrrr... I hate *** wipes who hurt other peoples things....
Old 10-31-2004, 02:19 PM
VinDogg003
Racer

find them and kill them, jesus christ that crap pissses me off do what you gotta do to get the person/people because this crap has to stop
Old 10-31-2004, 02:36 PM
NightFlight
Burning Brakes

Holy S***! Seems to be an epidemic of 'Vette' attacks lately!!! Hopefully a good paint & body shop will be able to help you out.
Old 10-31-2004, 02:43 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

You likely have a good wax job on it which will help with buffing it out.

A friend had her Camaro valdelized like that and a local shop just buffed it out without a trace.

Be sure to file a report with police and write it off on your income tax.
Old 10-31-2004, 02:52 PM
skateparkdave
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Man, WTF???? I'm getting more and more scared to park ANYWHERE in the Vette!! Seems like ricer rebellion! They're tired of being whooped on!
Old 10-31-2004, 03:04 PM
JrRifleCoach
Team Owner

Location: Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Received 640 Likes on 444 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by longhorn_C4
Damn! Friggin morons!
Well, not completely morons.......... they spelled it right.

Just need to look for a ricer with orange paint in his nose!
Old 10-31-2004, 03:05 PM
Shore
Safety Car

NO NO NO NO NO.......don't hit it with a buffer!!!!!......you gonna burn that plastic trim for sure.....Here's what ya do.... Relax and go buy a gallon of paint thinner and about 6 clean white rags..preferebly kinda thick.
Put some gloves on if your hands are not used to it.Pour the thinner on the rag just get it wet and then rub the rag on a spot at a time.Don;t try and do the whole thing at once.AND do not do it in the sun.Nice and cool to the touch paint and in an hour you'll be good as new.....all though be it your gonna need to wax her up real good.
Be careful on the rubstrip...for the paint might not be that thick or strong.Just take it nice and easy.That spray paint will wipe right off.

Oh and for the record...this is my line of work.
Old 10-31-2004, 03:08 PM
Shore
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Shoregasm
NO NO NO NO NO.......don't hit it with a buffer!!!!!......you gonna burn that plastic trim for sure.....Here's what ya do.... Relax and go buy a gallon of paint thinner and about 6 clean white rags..preferebly kinda thick.
Put some gloves on if your hands are not used to it.Pour the thinner on the rag just get it wet and then rub the rag on a spot at a time.Don;t try and do the whole thing at once.AND do not do it in the sun.Nice and cool to the touch paint and in an hour you'll be good as new.....all though be it your gonna need to wax her up real good.
Be careful on the rubstrip...for the paint might not be that thick or strong.Just take it nice and easy.That spray paint will wipe right off.

I should add if your having a hard time with it coming off...be gentle and don't use anything that would scap like your finger nail.
Don't oevr soak it with thinner.Just keep it on the rag.
Old 10-31-2004, 03:28 PM
skateparkdave
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

I meant to add that in my last post. Start by trying mineral spirits which is alot milder than most thinners on clear coat. There's also a product called "Goof Off" if mineral spirits is too weak, in a small yellow can sold at Lowes and Home depot and probabaly Wal-mart ect. It's a little stronger and will probably work great and wont strip your clearcoat or paint but it does say to test it in a small area as it can damage some automotive paints. The sooner you do it the easier it will be. If they used a more expensive acrylic spay paint you may have to use thinner or the goof off but the mineral spirits will be safest and do as Shoregasm suggest with any and do small areas at a time and then wax it afterwards.

Last edited by skateparkdave; 10-31-2004 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-31-2004, 04:10 PM
redhotandrollin
Instructor

oh man that sucks.what is wrong with people in this world today.its like your not to have anything nice in this world .it will all come back on them someday.i know thats not much help to you.
Old 10-31-2004, 04:25 PM
John Robinson
Racer

Default Left Their Signature

I hope you filed a police report and have taken lots of pictures of each letter close up. Even spray painted writing reveals the handwriting of the perf. So maybe the police can match it up if they catch somebody in the act of spray painting something else. That is if they even give a s--- and try to catch this person
Old 10-31-2004, 04:43 PM
6spd
Burning Brakes

that really sucks it's not even my car and i can feel the pain and anger. i never ever park and leave my car. it's sad.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:07 PM
Halloween
Instructor

Wow that sucks... makes you wish you could track down those people. Hope it works out okay.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:15 PM
J Z06
Team Owner

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That is really awful. I know just how you feel. I was one of many who had their car keyed in our high school. we're talking to the metal from fender to 1/4 panel. Six or seven cars we're done in a months time. I have no idea what goes through some peoples minds doing things like this.

I'm sorry to see this.

Get notified of new replies

To Got vandalized at work today

Old 10-31-2004, 05:30 PM
C5VetteLS1
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

I'll second that!!! DO NOT let that paint cure to the surface! Get on it RIGHT NOW!!! I work with paint on a daily basis (in fact I'm suck working today shooting paint) and Shoregasm's advice is right on the money. Now hurry out and get some paint thinner!
Richard
Old 10-31-2004, 05:33 PM
Bruthish
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'06-'08-'09

jealousy....thats what.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:44 PM
scofolo
Burning Brakes

I bought some paint thinner on my lunch break and took my time. I had a good wax on the car so I don't think that the paint really set up well. Most of it came off without a problem. My buddy in the Stang on the other hand is still working with his car.

Quick Reply: Got vandalized at work today