Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

stock vs non-stock thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 10:02 AM
rick lambert
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 64 was a sleeper-mannnnnnnn, it was fun when I'd blow em away. My 87 is basically, stock except stereo (kept the Bose for when it goes) and alarm. The temptation to mod the engine is always with me, but-been there done that.Now just crusin.Enjoy.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:46 AM
SunCr
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Having gone through the mod stage, I'm back to stock; well, except for the paint - but trying to keep it factory is extremely difficult as parts get discontinued or changed. For example, take the battery - AC Delco has discontinued the Green Eye - what's that going to mean 20 years from now? Ditto some of the a/c parts such as the Accumulator. GM's replacement comes with 2 schraders instead of the one and the bracket has to be cut down to keep it from hitting the hood. To my knowledge, parts such as these can't be reconditioned so how this will play out for those who want an NCRS award should be interesting.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:07 PM
bdvdvh7
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default how true

Originally Posted by Corvette Kid NC
Me too. I may get a set of wheels some day but it's not a priority until it's as fast as I want it to be. Now listen very carefully, bdvdvh7. Stock is boring, fast is GOOD!
you are so right.... my friend growing up always said, "how fast can you get this to go?" his answer, "how much money you got?"
Old 11-12-2004, 08:10 PM
oldace84
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04 & '05

Nope!

Quick Reply: stock vs non-stock thoughts