Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Group purchase: 85-87 C4 to C5 brake adapters.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 08:15 PM
wdo-mkr
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Happy St Patricks Day! GP through March 30th! 85-87 C4 to C5 brake adapters.

Yep we are doing it again. Thanks to all the overwhelming support, and purchases, we did another run of our brackets and will be offering the 85-87 kits again for 115.00 including shipping.

See the details below.

The kit comes with the bolts, brackets, and complete instructions.
Installation usually takes a person with a lift about 2-3hours, but if can definately be done in your garage with jackstands and a floor lift.

All orders received via paypal between March 17th and March 30th will receive the GP price of $115.00 per kit.

That's ten bucks off the normal price. In addition, we will ship it to you FREE anywhere in the continental US 48 states. Overseas and Canada buyers will pay a slight fee. After midnight on March 30th, our GP ends.

PM me your Name, email address and the amount of kits you need and we will ship you out an invoice via paypal.

FAQS:

"Will they fit under my 16inch rims?"
No. You will need either 92-96 Factory A-mold 17inch style rims or an aftermarket 17inch rim with the same clearance.

"Aren't the C5 brake parts more expensive?"
No. In most cases you can purchase rotors, pads, and calipers for less than what it would cost you to purchase new C4 parts. You also end up with a wider selection of pad choices by upgrading to the new C5 caliper.

"Are the standard 97-04 C5 and 01-04 Z06 calipers different sizes?"
No. They are the same. Just different colored is all. We recommend that if you have a red car or like red calipers then purchase the Z06 calipers. If you want a different color, then go ahead and save yourself some cash and purchase the standard calipers.

"How do I know what additional parts to buy?"
Each kit includes a parts list and we can email it out to you ahead of time in a PDF format as well.

"What's the best place to pick up the additional calipers, pads, and rotors?
A number of supporting vendors here on the forum sell the parts, as well as ebay, and of course your local parts counter and automotive parts stores will have a large portion of the needed parts.

"Can I run aftermarket rotors that are one piece, or two piece. What about drilled and slotted rotors?"
You can run any of the options above, but you will want to purchase them for a 97-04 C5 corvette. They will all work. Again see your other supporting vendors here for other group purchases or sales.

Last edited by wdo-mkr; 03-17-2007 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:41 AM
SCCA VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 41 Posts

Pm Sent
Old 02-17-2007, 12:10 PM
wdo-mkr
Drifting

Originally Posted by SCCA VETTE
Pm Sent
The information you requested has been sent.
Thanks!
Old 02-18-2007, 05:50 PM
wdo-mkr
Drifting

Nascar Sunday Bump TTT
Old 02-20-2007, 09:23 AM
wdo-mkr
Drifting

Thanks for the order folks. If anyone else needs a set, there is about 48 hours left in the GP. Free shipping this week inside the US 48.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:56 PM
VerdeRacer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Posted on other thread but just to make sure. I am would like a set, as long as paypal is ok.

Last edited by VerdeRacer; 02-21-2007 at 11:38 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:31 PM
wdo-mkr
Drifting

Originally Posted by VerdeRacer
Posted on other thread but just to make sure. I am would like a set in for a set, as long as paypal is ok.

I have you down for an early set. Thanks!

Anyone else? One more day folks!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:52 PM
NUckINg FuTS
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Waiting two days for pics
Old 02-23-2007, 01:31 AM
wdo-mkr
Drifting

Originally Posted by NUckINg FuTS
I will post a couple tomorrow night when I get a couple minutes. Been rather busy getting everyone's orders out the door this week. BTW for all of you who have been on the fence, I have extended the GP through this weekend. Sunday night is the cut off date. Time to pull the trigger folks.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:47 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Are these a uniform thickness, or do they have the countersunk bolt holes where the C5 bracket attaches?
Old 02-23-2007, 01:57 AM
wdo-mkr
Drifting

Originally Posted by CentralCoaster
Are these a uniform thickness, or do they have the countersunk bolt holes where the C5 bracket attaches?

Counter sunk. I didn't like the way the uniform units fit on the cars and abutment bracket didn't locate properly if you didn't line things up just so. This design lets you bolt everything up and have the alignment on the spindle and the new caliper correct. If you look at our 88-96 versions you see the same counterset. I will post a couple photos of the early model brackets friday night for everyone.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:00 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Originally Posted by wdo-mkr
Counter sunk. I didn't like the way the uniform units fit on the cars and abutment bracket didn't locate properly if you didn't line things up just so. This design lets you bolt everything up and have the alignment on the spindle and the new caliper correct. If you look at our 88-96 versions you see the same counterset. I will post a couple photos of the early model brackets friday night for everyone.

I asked because the uniform thickness will allow the C5 Wilwood kit to bolt up on an early C4. Some others have asked me for a source on these type of adapters (similar to electrodynamics ones were).
Old 02-23-2007, 02:09 AM
wdo-mkr
Drifting

I asked because the uniform thickness will allow the C5 Wilwood kit to bolt up on an early C4. Some others have asked me for a source on these type of adapters (similar to electrodynamics ones were).
Sounds like NF has been asking you about your wilwood kit. I can certainly adjust the cad plans to do a run of them for you. How many sets would you be interested in? Send me a PM with the count and details. Happy to help you out if we can. Since the relief is a couple milimeters, you could certainly just insert a washer there, but I am more than willing to do a run of these for you without the relief. PM me offline and we can review the options.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:29 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Not sure what you mean, the width at the relief is the thickness needed for proper offset. Using washers would move the caliper outboard too far.

Sorry I'm not interested in doing any resale. I just thought I'd ask since 3 people had asked me about it this month.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:06 AM
wdo-mkr
Drifting

Not sure what you mean, the width at the relief is the thickness needed for proper offset. Using washers would move the caliper outboard too far.

Sorry I'm not interested in doing any resale. I just thought I'd ask since 3 people had asked me about it this month.
What I am saying is that I am unclear what your needs are with respect to the offset of the wilwoods, but if you needed them spaced over further or less, then I am happy to adjust the bracket design to help you with that. Which caliper part number are you trying to work with and if you want to send me one, then I am happy to work with you to help set these up for the various model year runs. Our C4s have had a number of limited choices over the years for brake upgrades, and I am happy to help if this will benefit folks. IE I am not getting rich on this deal by anymeans. If you want to discuss it further, then drop me a PM and we can discuss the specs you require. Thanks for the interest.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:08 AM
wdo-mkr
Drifting

Another batch of kits are going out this morning. PMs being sent with tracking numbers for those who have ordered. Thanks everyone.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:39 PM
wdo-mkr
Drifting

Originally Posted by NUckINg FuTS

Pics added. Ready to order yet?

Get notified of new replies

To Group purchase: 85-87 C4 to C5 brake adapters.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:24 PM
wdo-mkr
Drifting

Originally Posted by VerdeRacer
Posted on other thread but just to make sure. I am would like a set, as long as paypal is ok.
VR, your kit is on its way to you.

Call us crazy, but we are going to extend the GP for another week since everyone has been asking for them. Thanks again for the orders folks!
Old 02-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Carl Johansson
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

email sent
Carl Johansson
Old 02-28-2007, 06:18 PM
wdo-mkr
Drifting

Originally Posted by Carl Johansson
email sent
Carl Johansson
Answered email. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Group purchase: 85-87 C4 to C5 brake adapters.