Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

For Sale: Corvette - C-4 VBP Xtreme Adj. Mono spring 1988-96 # 88300 NEW- $319

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Chevy0112
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale: Corvette - C-4 VBP Xtreme Adj. Mono spring 1988-96 # 88300 NEW- $319

I am listing one new VBP (Vette Brakes and Products) C-4 Xtreme Adj. Front Composite Monospring 1988-96 ( adjustable height)

Part#: 88300

$100 off List Price!!

SEE my Craigslist for photos and best price: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/3291543382.html

EBAY Listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/140855936412...84.m1555.l2649

#1173 lbs rate ( Firm - Stiff ride as per VBP) ( available ranges 1000lb -1250 from VBP)

New Adjustable front spring comes with Medium Bumpers ( Thin or thick adjustable bumpers are available from VBP). We installed this and Hyperco spring and several stock GM springs for comparison. Car was placed on garage floor for height measurements only, never drove ( car has only a mock up motor for weight. We are building a LSX motor).

The Hyperco spring is for sale also on a different auction.

I know all of you C4 corvette owners that are wanting to lower your car will want to know what the available ride heights are ( trim level as per the Bowling Green Techs).

Here is the data we recorded:

1992 C4 LT1 - C5 2000 rims.
Front tire height 24.75 -25.00"

Fender wheel well to ground ( hood shut)
Stock = 27.25"

Hyperco #12401 HPT "World Class Cup" spring " = 26.50 (Stock Hyperco spring, without factory aluminum shim/plates ( 3/4" drop from stock)

VBP Adjustable = 23 3/4 (almost touching shock bump stops) to 26 1/4" (3.5" to 1" drop depending on adjustment)

** No springs were cut, spring pivots were not altered. VBP aluminum plates were installed as per VBP instructions.

Car weight should be very close to stock, Lt1, manifolds, exhaust, were added. ( no fuel or coolant was in car).
Car had new energy suspension polyurethane bushings installed through the entire car, front control bolts were semi-loose for full swing arm articulation, stock Bilstein shocks were used.

Note: We found small differences depending the amount the rear was dropped. We tried Rear stock bolts, 9.5" and 10.5" bolts ( energy suspension polyurethane spring cushions used).

This item is listed on EBAY, Craigslist (Seattle) and several different Corvette forums. Price is higher on EBAY to pay for the Fuc%$ing FEES!

Ebay, Craigslist and Corvette Form user name: Chevy0112 You can search for Chevy to find all of my items for sale. Free pick up in the Seattle Area.

I accept Cash or PayPal. Shipping to the lower 48 states ONLY !!!!! If you live outside of the 48 state, please email "BEFORE" purchase !!! Thanks You!!!
Please email with any questions.
Thanks Guys!!!

David s.com.inc@comcast.net
Old 10-25-2014, 08:00 PM
pushrod-v8
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

The spring still for sale? I know its a 2 year old ad but you never know!

Originally Posted by Chevy0112
I am listing one new VBP (Vette Brakes and Products) C-4 Xtreme Adj. Front Composite Monospring 1988-96 ( adjustable height)

Part#: 88300

$100 off List Price!!

SEE my Craigslist for photos and best price: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/3291543382.html

EBAY Listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/140855936412...84.m1555.l2649

#1173 lbs rate ( Firm - Stiff ride as per VBP) ( available ranges 1000lb -1250 from VBP)

New Adjustable front spring comes with Medium Bumpers ( Thin or thick adjustable bumpers are available from VBP). We installed this and Hyperco spring and several stock GM springs for comparison. Car was placed on garage floor for height measurements only, never drove ( car has only a mock up motor for weight. We are building a LSX motor).

The Hyperco spring is for sale also on a different auction.

I know all of you C4 corvette owners that are wanting to lower your car will want to know what the available ride heights are ( trim level as per the Bowling Green Techs).

Here is the data we recorded:

1992 C4 LT1 - C5 2000 rims.
Front tire height 24.75 -25.00"

Fender wheel well to ground ( hood shut)
Stock = 27.25"

Hyperco #12401 HPT "World Class Cup" spring " = 26.50 (Stock Hyperco spring, without factory aluminum shim/plates ( 3/4" drop from stock)

VBP Adjustable = 23 3/4 (almost touching shock bump stops) to 26 1/4" (3.5" to 1" drop depending on adjustment)

** No springs were cut, spring pivots were not altered. VBP aluminum plates were installed as per VBP instructions.

Car weight should be very close to stock, Lt1, manifolds, exhaust, were added. ( no fuel or coolant was in car).
Car had new energy suspension polyurethane bushings installed through the entire car, front control bolts were semi-loose for full swing arm articulation, stock Bilstein shocks were used.

Note: We found small differences depending the amount the rear was dropped. We tried Rear stock bolts, 9.5" and 10.5" bolts ( energy suspension polyurethane spring cushions used).

This item is listed on EBAY, Craigslist (Seattle) and several different Corvette forums. Price is higher on EBAY to pay for the Fuc%$ing FEES!

Ebay, Craigslist and Corvette Form user name: Chevy0112 You can search for Chevy to find all of my items for sale. Free pick up in the Seattle Area.

I accept Cash or PayPal. Shipping to the lower 48 states ONLY !!!!! If you live outside of the 48 state, please email "BEFORE" purchase !!! Thanks You!!!
Please email with any questions.
Thanks Guys!!!

David s.com.inc@comcast.net

Quick Reply: For Sale: Corvette - C-4 VBP Xtreme Adj. Mono spring 1988-96 # 88300 NEW- $319