Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Fs: Megasuirt Engine Management - Plug-N-Play Megaquirt LT1/4

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 08:52 PM
89'Bowtie
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Default Fs: Megasquirt Engine Management - Plug-N-Play Megasquirt LT1/4

I have for sale my MegaSquirt direct plug in stand-alone computer. The Megesquirt is a fairly advanced engine management system that is typically used in a true stand-alone
Environment with custom harnesses. I installed the Megasquirt into a GM PCM case and utilized the factory connectors in the PCM to plug directly into the factory harness and
Run my 96’ LT1; OPTI. Not custom wiring, just plug in and tune. If you ever wanted to be able to control everything, this is it. It will control N20, line lock, turbo control, etc, etc.

I had two wide band 02’s feeding the PCM, however narrow bands can be used. This is not a trial unit, it functions and runs the car and I drove the car with this setup. Below is a summary of the units capabilities, however as mentioned it is presently setup to run a factory LT1 or LT4 Engine w/Opti. It can very easily run an LTCC or coil on plug setup or obviously a manual transmission car. The PCM has a small plug which you connect to the computer via USB cable.

SOLD

Please direct any questions, I am more than happy to answer. This is great for road racer, track cars, street cars, etc.

Megasquirt 3 PCM

Engine Control:
- Speed-density, MAF, or Alpha-N for fuelling calculations
- 16x16 fuel tables in 0.1% steps with true interpolation and movable rows/columns (can be expanded to 16x30, or 30x16)
- 16x16 spark tables in 0.1 degree steps with true interpolation and movable rows/columns (can be expanded to 16x30 or 30x16)
- Wall-wetting transient fuel control for better driveability
- On board datalogging to SDcard (max 333Hz sample rate)
- Tuning by built-in USB port.
- Sequential fuel injection
- Individual cylinder injector trim
- Injector phase timing
- 8 channels sequential spark
- Individual cylinder spark trim
- E85 Flex Fuel sensor ready for seamless E85/Gasoline tuning
- Two wideband oxygen sensor inputs (external controllers required)
- AFR safety shutdown
- GM-style stepper idle control
- Closed loop idle control speed control
- Closed loop fuel mixture control - ideally with wideband
- CAN communications to interconnect other Megasquirt products e.g. transmission controller

This unit is configured to use both Opti-Spark high and low resolution inputs simultaneously. It is setup for single ignition coil control (stock), but has to the ability to run either waste-spark (Northstar) coils or LS1 style coil-near-plug by using either the Opti-Spark optical inputs, or a 24x crank wheel. This unit is configured to allow engine load calculations via the MAF, or the MAP sensor, or a blend of both. MAF tables are adjustable, so the user can substitute a larger diameter MAF sensor, or an LS3 style card MAF.

Transmission Control:
- Microsquirt based transmission controller
- Fetches engine data (TPS, Load, Temp, etc) via CAN from the Megasquirt 3 engine controller
- 6x6 shift tables per gear
- 6x6 line pressure tables per gear
- PWM TCC control (like OE)
- Race Mode TCC option (keeps converter locked at full throttle)
- 4L60E or 4L80E support

This unit is configured to operate a 4L60/65E transmission, but by changing the transmission plug on your harness the unit will operate a 4L80E transmission. Of course, you can ignore the transmission control all together if you are using a manual trans.

This PCM can be expanded with any of the Megasquirt family of CAN enabled devices. Devices such and the GPIO or IO-Extender can be used to log things such as suspension travel, wheel speeds, GPS data, Accelerometer data, 8 channel AFR, etc. The unit can also be upgraded with a dual channel knock module, allowing for user adjustable knock parameters (for varying bore sizes, noisy valvetrains, etc). An 8-channel EGT module can be added for individual cylinder EGT measurement and added EGT safety shutdown. Megasquirt 3 features a Check Engine light function, with limp-home mode operation for failed sensors and illumination of the Service Engine Soon light in the dash.

See www.ms3efi.com for full feature list
See www.tunerstudio.com for tuning software

Last edited by 89'Bowtie; 03-02-2013 at 08:09 AM. Reason: pics
Old 02-22-2013, 07:43 AM
LT401Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like a sweet setup..
It is so much easier to tune a MegaSquirt and has so many more capabilities, so if a plug and play model makes the install simple and clean, that is the way to go..
Old 02-26-2013, 04:49 PM
89'Bowtie
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '13

ttt
Old 02-28-2013, 08:56 AM
89'Bowtie
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '13

This link may better show the tuning environment and interface.

http://www.tunerstudio.com/index.php...id=5&Itemid=13
Old 02-28-2013, 12:01 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

Curious,

Does this communicate with the CCM as well like OEM?
Old 02-28-2013, 12:34 PM
89'Bowtie
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '13

The MS does not have a 800 UART bus. No aftermarket ECU's do this. The mega-squirt guys are working some plug and play solutions also, however the term needs to be qualified. You'll never have 800 UART or ALDL connections to read DTCs. The plug and play is more with refereance to the physical connections.

Is there a specific function you are looking at?

All the body control items work. Remotes, speedo, tach, etc My concern with the setup was complete engine functionality or expansion capability and cluster function. The only thing I expereienced was that I did not get the instantaneous fuel consuption and fuel average.

Victor

Last edited by 89'Bowtie; 02-28-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:30 AM
89'Bowtie
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '13

Lower price.

SOLD

Last edited by 89'Bowtie; 03-02-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:09 AM
89'Bowtie
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '13

Sold
Old 03-02-2013, 09:25 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 89'Bowtie
The MS does not have a 800 UART bus. No aftermarket ECU's do this. The mega-squirt guys are working some plug and play solutions also, however the term needs to be qualified. You'll never have 800 UART or ALDL connections to read DTCs. The plug and play is more with refereance to the physical connections.

Is there a specific function you are looking at?

All the body control items work. Remotes, speedo, tach, etc My concern with the setup was complete engine functionality or expansion capability and cluster function. The only thing I expereienced was that I did not get the instantaneous fuel consuption and fuel average.

Victor
Nothing specific.. I was just curious
Old 07-18-2015, 04:45 PM
jrotelmacy
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by 89'Bowtie
I have for sale my MegaSquirt direct plug in stand-alone computer. The Megesquirt is a fairly advanced engine management system that is typically used in a true stand-alone
Environment with custom harnesses. I installed the Megasquirt into a GM PCM case and utilized the factory connectors in the PCM to plug directly into the factory harness and
Run my 96’ LT1; OPTI. Not custom wiring, just plug in and tune. If you ever wanted to be able to control everything, this is it. It will control N20, line lock, turbo control, etc, etc.

I had two wide band 02’s feeding the PCM, however narrow bands can be used. This is not a trial unit, it functions and runs the car and I drove the car with this setup. Below is a summary of the units capabilities, however as mentioned it is presently setup to run a factory LT1 or LT4 Engine w/Opti. It can very easily run an LTCC or coil on plug setup or obviously a manual transmission car. The PCM has a small plug which you connect to the computer via USB cable.

SOLD

Please direct any questions, I am more than happy to answer. This is great for road racer, track cars, street cars, etc.

Megasquirt 3 PCM

Engine Control:
- Speed-density, MAF, or Alpha-N for fuelling calculations
- 16x16 fuel tables in 0.1% steps with true interpolation and movable rows/columns (can be expanded to 16x30, or 30x16)
- 16x16 spark tables in 0.1 degree steps with true interpolation and movable rows/columns (can be expanded to 16x30 or 30x16)
- Wall-wetting transient fuel control for better driveability
- On board datalogging to SDcard (max 333Hz sample rate)
- Tuning by built-in USB port.
- Sequential fuel injection
- Individual cylinder injector trim
- Injector phase timing
- 8 channels sequential spark
- Individual cylinder spark trim
- E85 Flex Fuel sensor ready for seamless E85/Gasoline tuning
- Two wideband oxygen sensor inputs (external controllers required)
- AFR safety shutdown
- GM-style stepper idle control
- Closed loop idle control speed control
- Closed loop fuel mixture control - ideally with wideband
- CAN communications to interconnect other Megasquirt products e.g. transmission controller

This unit is configured to use both Opti-Spark high and low resolution inputs simultaneously. It is setup for single ignition coil control (stock), but has to the ability to run either waste-spark (Northstar) coils or LS1 style coil-near-plug by using either the Opti-Spark optical inputs, or a 24x crank wheel. This unit is configured to allow engine load calculations via the MAF, or the MAP sensor, or a blend of both. MAF tables are adjustable, so the user can substitute a larger diameter MAF sensor, or an LS3 style card MAF.

Transmission Control:
- Microsquirt based transmission controller
- Fetches engine data (TPS, Load, Temp, etc) via CAN from the Megasquirt 3 engine controller
- 6x6 shift tables per gear
- 6x6 line pressure tables per gear
- PWM TCC control (like OE)
- Race Mode TCC option (keeps converter locked at full throttle)
- 4L60E or 4L80E support

This unit is configured to operate a 4L60/65E transmission, but by changing the transmission plug on your harness the unit will operate a 4L80E transmission. Of course, you can ignore the transmission control all together if you are using a manual trans.

This PCM can be expanded with any of the Megasquirt family of CAN enabled devices. Devices such and the GPIO or IO-Extender can be used to log things such as suspension travel, wheel speeds, GPS data, Accelerometer data, 8 channel AFR, etc. The unit can also be upgraded with a dual channel knock module, allowing for user adjustable knock parameters (for varying bore sizes, noisy valvetrains, etc). An 8-channel EGT module can be added for individual cylinder EGT measurement and added EGT safety shutdown. Megasquirt 3 features a Check Engine light function, with limp-home mode operation for failed sensors and illumination of the Service Engine Soon light in the dash.

See www.ms3efi.com for full feature list
See www.tunerstudio.com for tuning software

I discover your thread recently. very interesting indeed. do still have the msq file with the setup for the LT1.
I intend to do the same thing

thks

Get notified of new replies

To Fs: Megasuirt Engine Management - Plug-N-Play Megaquirt LT1/4

Quick Reply: Fs: Megasuirt Engine Management - Plug-N-Play Megaquirt LT1/4