Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

FS: 383ci LT1 shortblock

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 09:35 AM
JShort
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

Default 383ci LT1 shortblock

Here is a unique situation on a brand new 383ci LT1 (1993-1997 F-body, 1992-1996 Corvette) shortblock. I have priced it accordingly since it needs two minor issues addressed. The engine is brand new. It was installed in a car, started, and ran for approximately 1 minute.

Two issues:
1. The rotating assembly has been balanced, but the balance is unknown. The previous owner sold it without the correct flywheel. This engine will need to be disassembled to verify the current balance and have your flywheel/flexplate balanced accordingly.

2. Coolant mixed with oil for a very brief amount of time. The previous owner forgot(?) to torque the head bolts. The engine was started/ran for about 1 minute with the head bolts only being torqued to about 20lb-ft. A small amount of coolant made it past the head gasket and mixed with the oil. I doubt the bearings were compromised with the brief period of operation, but the bearings will need to be checked. The engine already requires disassembly for the balance to be checked, so the bearings can be inspected during this time.

Now, on to the good part...

383ci LT1 shortblock for boost/forced induction application
-Machine work and assembly by Bill Ceralli in Paterson, NJ (paperwork for build included)
-Callies Dragonslayer 3.75" 4340 forged crank
-JE/SRP forged pistons, -16cc dish
-Hellfire rings
-Eagle 4340 forged H-beam rods with upgraded L-19 bolts
-4 bolt splayed billet cap conversion
-ARP 4-bolt studs (mains)
-Melling M55HV pump
-Welded pickup tube
-Stock LT1 F-body oil pan
-Comp Cams custom blower grind (w/cam card)

The paperwork shows over $5000 for this shortblock.

$2300 w/o cam, $2500 w/cam

The shortblock must be picked up in Rochester, NY. Will not ship.

Last edited by JShort; 08-15-2017 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:41 AM
JShort
Burning Brakes

To add: My guess is that this is an internally balanced rotating assembly which would only require that the flywheel/flexplate be zero balanced. This would essentially then cost nothing for additional balancing of the rotating assembly, only the cost to verify. But, it will need investigation either way.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:42 PM
tr.dirks
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please post pic of build paperwork.

Thanks,
Timothy
Old 08-18-2017, 10:03 AM
JShort
Burning Brakes

Tim,
Here you go. Keep in mind that these prices are circa 2005 and that the price for the crank/rods/pistons is a bit more now. This paperwork also shows the AFR heads that were intended to be used on this shortblock, so please discard that pricing reference here.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:14 AM
JShort
Burning Brakes

I added it up and it looks like around $5800 for the shortblock related charges (or I should say what is included with this package). I didn't include the damper in my calculation since that is not included. There is a charge for what looks like an aftermarket oil pan on here. The motor has the stock pan and therefore I did not include that in the calculation.

Some of these labor charges are somewhat ridiculous (high) compared to what most reputable machine shops charge; however, it gives you the details of what this shortblock is/has.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:48 PM
JShort
Burning Brakes

Sold.

Get notified of new replies

To 383ci LT1 shortblock

Quick Reply: FS: 383ci LT1 shortblock