Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

WTB: Rear Hardtop Bolts

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 11:39 PM
elmegin
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Hardtop Bolts

WTB 2 each GM part # 10137770 Bolt/Screw ----- Thank You

Last edited by elmegin; 10-03-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:37 PM
unclet1
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Have you had a dealer put them on a parts locator? When I worked it the parts department of our local Chevy dealership we could do this.Granted the was in the late '80's. I had some actual catalogs hidden that I would use to look up parts for older Corvettes that the computer had dropped. Some guys don't want to go to the trouble to look. Needless to say when word got out I was the man to see. BTW it it the long bolts in the rear? I have a hard top as well. Do you need lengths and sizes?
Old 10-03-2018, 12:42 PM
unclet1
Instructor

Originally Posted by unclet1
Have you had a dealer put them on a parts locator? When I worked it the parts department of our local Chevy dealership we could do this.Granted the was in the late '80's. I had some actual catalogs hidden that I would use to look up parts for older Corvettes that the computer had dropped. Some guys don't want to go to the trouble to look. Needless to say when word got out I was the man to see. BTW it it the long bolts in the rear? I have a hard top as well. Do you need lengths and sizes?
I just had my guy try to locate. Nowhere in the system.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:52 PM
elmegin
4th Gear

Thank You for your post. I have a good friend that works at a local Chevrolet dealer and he put it on the locator with no success. I have checked Ebay, typed it in on Duck Duck Go and on Google it seems as though the bolts do not exist. I am going to take the top off this weekend and remove them and take to a few local hardware stores to see if they can possibly be a close match until I can perhaps find a couple somewhere. Thanks
Old 10-03-2018, 03:10 PM
unclet1
Instructor

Originally Posted by elmegin
Thank You for your post. I have a good friend that works at a local Chevrolet dealer and he put it on the locator with no success. I have checked Ebay, typed it in on Duck Duck Go and on Google it seems as though the bolts do not exist. I am going to take the top off this weekend and remove them and take to a few local hardware stores to see if they can possibly be a close match until I can perhaps find a couple somewhere. Thanks
When I bought my car the factory bolts were missing. There were bolts holding ti on that worked but not correct. I wound up finding someone with a damaged top with the correct hardware and buying just the rear hardware. If you don't have one to go by I can send you a picture of the bolt for reference.
Old 10-03-2018, 03:45 PM
elmegin
4th Gear

Thank You, I do have both bolts, it's just that the hex head is rounded and I can't get it tight enough with a 5/16' or 8mm wench to stop the loud rubbing noise. Thanks
Old 10-03-2018, 08:54 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

Try fastenal or something.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:39 PM
Skettis
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM Sent
Old 10-03-2018, 10:02 PM
elmegin