Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

WTB: GS Caliper

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 01:24 PM
RandomTask
Race Director

Received 276 Likes on 144 Posts

Default GS Caliper

Need one front (doesn't matter the side) with embossing on it. Rebuild able condition fine. Let me know what you have.

Thanks,

Last edited by RandomTask; 10-25-2018 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 02:21 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,258 Likes on 2,021 Posts

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Need one front (doesn't matter the side) with embossing on it. Rebuild able condition fine. Let me know what you have.

Thanks,
I have some NOS but you mention not being concerned with side. There are differences! You want to just use as a core maybe? I wouldn't separate for a sale but thought I'd mention that they're actually different L/R!

I believe I have one pair front and one pair rear that I doubt I'll be using (4 NOS)
Old 10-25-2018, 03:02 PM
RandomTask
Race Director

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
I have some NOS but you mention not being concerned with side. There are differences! You want to just use as a core maybe? I wouldn't separate for a sale but thought I'd mention that they're actually different L/R!

I believe I have one pair front and one pair rear that I doubt I'll be using (4 NOS)
Core is fine; I do realize they're different. What would you want for a set? I sold some pads + a caliper a bit ago. I thought the GS just used the J55 caliper; I was wrong. So when the buyer asked if it was a GS caliper, I said yes. While it technically -was- a GS caliper, the lettering had been ground off by the previous owner. Trying to make the buyer right by sending them a claiper with good lettering since they're out of country. I can and will rebuild myself if needed. Prefer that way as these seem to be pretty pricey units.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:05 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Core is fine; I do realize they're different. What would you want for a set? I sold some pads + a caliper a bit ago. I thought the GS just used the J55 caliper; I was wrong. So when the buyer asked if it was a GS caliper, I said yes. While it technically -was- a GS caliper, the lettering had been ground off by the previous owner. Trying to make the buyer right by sending them a claiper with good lettering since they're out of country. I can and will rebuild myself if needed. Prefer that way as these seem to be pretty pricey units.
I believe I'll keep my NOS as a set for maybe a sale later.

If a core works maybe the mention of a 'core will do' can get you some responses. I have some GS L/R rear suspensions complete with calipers etc. I don't recall the miles but I'd say 'near new'. I had nearly forgotten about those.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:12 PM
RandomTask
Race Director

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
I believe I'll keep my NOS as a set for maybe a sale later.

If a core works maybe the mention of a 'core will do' can get you some responses. I have some GS L/R rear suspensions complete with calipers etc. I don't recall the miles but I'd say 'near new'. I had nearly forgotten about those.
No fronts? Charleston WV isn't too far from here and would be a nice day trip. Are the rear's different on the GS's vs the J55's?
Old 10-26-2018, 08:27 AM
QCVette
Le Mans Master

Received 626 Likes on 488 Posts

The '96 Collector Edition calipers look to be the same too. They are powdercoated black and have the lettering.

Perhaps a search for them might open up a lot more choices since the '96 CE's were about 1/4 of '96 production.

Perhaps someone can confirm if the CE calipers are the same part or not, but they look to me to be the same.

Good luck.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:36 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by QCVette
The '96 Collector Edition calipers look to be the same too. They are powdercoated black and have the lettering.

Perhaps a search for them might open up a lot more choices since the '96 CE's were about 1/4 of '96 production.

Perhaps someone can confirm if the CE calipers are the same part or not, but they look to me to be the same.

Good luck.
Yes they are the same Z15 or Z16
Old 10-30-2018, 10:07 AM
RandomTask
Race Director

TTTop!

Get notified of new replies

To GS Caliper

Quick Reply: WTB: GS Caliper