Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C4 Corvettes, 1984 - 1996 > C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted
Reload this Page >

FS: HiPo Supercharged engine/trans part out- 383 lt4, vortech ysi, built 4l60e

Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

FS: HiPo Supercharged engine/trans part out- 383 lt4, vortech ysi, built 4l60e

Old 04-20-2019, 06:24 PM
qwiketz
CF Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default HiPo Supercharged engine/trans part out- 383 lt4, vortech ysi, built 4l60e

Hi all. Well, I'm getting ready to part out the car in a few weeks unless I find a buyer. I'm going to sell the drive train and sell the car as a roller. I thought it would be good to list everything now so that if the buyer is local (or even via facetime), you can see and hear the thing run and drive. Longblock was built in 1998 and was a spared not expense build.

Here's what i have:

383 short block- low compression, done 18-19k miles ago (done at 38,000 miles, car has about 56k now). Hot cam. I have the original cost estimate but not the build sheet. I'm the 3rd owner of the car. I don't know the specs on it or brand of internals. Once it is out, buyer can get final say yea or nay once we can look inside. Runs fine and hasn't ever been or had a problem. $1200

LT4 top end- everything is cnc ported by CNC Heads out of Pinellas Creek, Florida. The shop is now gone. I don't have a flow sheet, but I may get them flowed out of curiousity once they're off the car. Intake is also cnc ported to match the heads. $1200. Will throw in a dual 58mm az speed and marine throttle body (I'm pretty sure that the mfg) for an additional $100. That also has a new IAC. Fuel rails will be included.

Buy the longblock for $2500 and I'll throw in everything as it comes out with the exception of the water pump and the opti. Most of the supporting items have been upgraded/replaced in the last 10k miles (coil, icm, ps pump). canton oil pan is included.

Meziere water pump - maybe 200 miles on it - $175

Opti- Dyna spark for 1st gen lt1 (the spline style). Low miles as well. Not sure it will work with the later lt1/4's. $350

Trans- pretty much max built 4l60e (at the time, 2012) by Pacific Coast Trans in Torrance, CA. Refreshed at a cost of $1735; original trans was built by Select Transmission out of West Baylon, NY at a cost of $4456 (I've got the receipts that outline the build on both). Trans has maybe, 200 street miles on it since the rebuild in 2012 and zero passes at the strip. Pacific Coast Trans is where a lot of the LA street racers take their stuff to be built up so it's the place to go out here on the west coast for 4l60's. I told him to build it to the max and the only thing I don't have is the billit converter. This one is a 10" 3000 rpm stall. Anyhow, $1750 for the trans and the converter.

Standalone trans converter- my car originally had a 700r4 so I had to run a standalone controller. It is the Optishift and includes the harness. This thing is awesome. You can connect a laptop and adjust all of the shift points and firmness of the shifts. You can even do it without the laptop if necessary. Cost about $750 new. I'll take $400 or $250 if you buy the trans also.

Hooker long tube headers- used- I'll have to check the part number - $200

Vortech YSI custom supercharger kit. Fits 92-96 only. (94-96 will need a speed density tune as this does not have a recirc with the blow off. Please see my separate ad for this kit. It is complete and includes a full fuel system, extra belts, cog setup, multiple brackets for multiple pulley setups. Good for 1200 hp. $4500 shipped.

Questions... shoot me a pm or email at [email protected] . For those curious, the car is going to be sold as a roller for a LS swap. I'm not going to part out the body for a while unless it doesn't sell.

Last edited by qwiketz; 04-20-2019 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:38 PM
cuisinartvette
CF Senior Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 1,134 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Bump for a good seller.
You getting out of the C4 thing? Smog issues holding ya back?
Old 04-21-2019, 08:06 AM
jayjones
CF Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Dibs on headers and LT4 top end. Sending PM
Old 04-21-2019, 12:17 PM
qwiketz
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette View Post
Bump for a good seller.
You getting out of the C4 thing? Smog issues holding ya back?
Hey Ron. I've been on this forum 15+ years and Ron met me about 13-14 years ago when he inspected a supercharger kit on behalf of a buddy of his (a vortech t trim kit). I sold that to him after getting this kit.

I've wanted to do some runway events but it sounds like the faa has caused a lot of those events to be shut down. Without a place to really run the car along with CA cracking down on the exhaust noise, I'm loosing steam.

I'll add that the chassis is calling for a lsx swap. It's got coil overs, big brakes, roll bar, harnesses, fire system, dana 44 swap etc.... Maybe I'll get to it but if not hopefully someone does.

Last edited by qwiketz; 04-21-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:51 PM
CaptainMerricka
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd be interested. PM sent.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:06 PM
qwiketz
CF Senior Member

Hi all, pm's and text messages replied to. The current plan is to drive the car to cars and coffee at the outlets in San Juan Capistrano Saturday and then start taking the car apart Sunday. The blower kit will come off first and then it'll depend on if I'm selling the long block complete or parted out, that will be next. So if anyone wants to see the car run and drive, before Saturday would be good.

I did get a question about the heads. The company that did the heads is nolonger around although I've heard that the old owner works at another shop back east doing heads to this day. I was told that he setup the program for velocity versus max flow numbers. With that being said, I'd probably expect the heads to flow in the 280's, maybe 290's. You're probably not going to see much of a difference versus a top of the line lt4 head; I think the cam selection will make a bigger difference then the actual heads themselves. The shortblock has a gm hot cam which is pretty small.

Thanks everyone for the interest. This seems like it should go smoothly with the parts finding new homes.

Last edited by qwiketz; 04-22-2019 at 01:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CaptainMerricka (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 03:23 AM
Sneakerfix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Email sent
Old 04-25-2019, 11:12 AM
qwiketz
CF Senior Member

ttt.... On the smaller items, I won't have an idea of what is to happen to those until I part out the larger items. Hopefully over the next two weeks I'll figure everything out with the longblock/shortblock/intake heads and such.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:04 PM
qwiketz
CF Senior Member

made it to cars and coffee this morning and met up with catainmerrica. Car drove great which is a shame to take it apart but it's time to move onto something different.

Old 04-30-2019, 04:08 PM
Richard Andaya
CF Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger

What’s your best price on the supercharger?
Old 04-30-2019, 07:52 PM
qwiketz
CF Senior Member

hi guys. The blower is sold. Buyer is deciding what else he'll take (or even all of it) so I'll have an update on what's available toward the end of the week. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2019, 08:32 PM
dizwiz24
CF Senior Member

Received 80 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by qwiketz View Post
Hey Ron. I've been on this forum 15+ years and Ron met me about 13-14 years ago when he inspected a supercharger kit on behalf of a buddy of his (a vortech t trim kit). I sold that to him after getting this kit.

I've wanted to do some runway events but it sounds like the faa has caused a lot of those events to be shut down. Without a place to really run the car along with CA cracking down on the exhaust noise, I'm loosing steam.

I'll add that the chassis is calling for a lsx swap. It's got coil overs, big brakes, roll bar, harnesses, fire system, dana 44 swap etc.... Maybe I'll get to it but if not hopefully someone does.
Ive thought long and hard about lsx swaps. Other than the weight savings, they are 6 of one and half dozen of an other.

Either blown sbc / ltx or blown lsx will get you >1000 hp if thats what you want.
if i can make 1200 rwhp on a blown sbc but 1400 rwhp on a blown lsx, then so what. Each one is probably the same in the 1/4 (traction issues , launch, tires, etc)

it you go lsx please do it for the weight savings. Dont be one of the 5.3 iron block truck motor swaps !

good luck on your sale !

Last edited by dizwiz24; 04-30-2019 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:10 PM
qwiketz
CF Senior Member

uh, not exactly the place for one of your ltx versus lsx rants. I'd be more than happy to continue this debate on a thread other than my for sale thread. PM me the link. Thanks,
Old 05-02-2019, 08:17 AM
Ronnie_W
CF Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Do you have adjustable shocks for sale?
Old 05-02-2019, 11:04 AM
qwiketz
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ronnie_W View Post
Do you have adjustable shocks for sale?
I dont. Thanks for asking though
Old 05-07-2019, 10:52 PM
qwiketz
CF Senior Member

blower kit is sold. headers, throttle body and wheels are on hold for the buyer of the kit (sorry guys, local sale to the buyer of the kit so he gets priority on the parts). Seats are sold.

I'm going to be tearing down the car versus selling a roller. C - Beam is undone and I should have the trans out tonight. I'm going to try to get the driveline out by the end of the weekend if possible. I should have some good updates for you guys shortly.

So I do or very shortly, I should have available:
-meziere water pump (already out)
-dyna spark gen 1 opti (fits 92-93, vented design (already out)
msd coil (already out)
4l60e trans and 3000 stall converter

Shortly down the road, I should have:
-brembo front brake setup
-dana 44 with 3.73's. I'll be selling it complete with coil overs and brakes
-big aluminum radiator
-euro taillight setup (I'm going to try to pull the complete kit). I'll warn you there is a lot of demand for this so it isn't going to be cheap. It's also a pain to unwire this thing.
I'll also have some engine accessories available as well.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:41 PM
qwiketz
CF Senior Member

update:

1992 ecm (rebuilt) is available - $500

Euro Tail light kit with entire rear light harness is also available - $750.

Targa top - $250

brand new window sweeps. These are the rubber on the lower side of the windows where your arm would rub against. I was going to paint the car and bought these. $40

Rear bumper cover- will need paint but other than that it is okay $150

Black door panels - right and left - $200 for both

Front speaker covers / kick panel (panel under the doors) - black, good shape - $125

I have separate ads listed for the ecm and tail lights so they don't get buried in this thread.

Once again, the trans it out and available.

still haven't got flow numbers from the shop yet on the heads. Both heads are off the shortblock.

Last edited by qwiketz; 05-19-2019 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:23 PM
qwiketz
CF Senior Member

Update- buyer of the blower kit is taking the engine, wheels, headers, throttle body and possibly the brakes.

Here's what I have still:
-trans
-rear end setup
-ecm
-Griffin aluminum radiator with trans cooler
-remote filter with oil cooler setup with thermostat controlled valve
-euro tail lights
-door panels,
-targa top
-kick panels
-standalone trans controller

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the roll bar out of the car.

Last edited by qwiketz; 05-21-2019 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:59 PM
qwiketz
CF Senior Member

update, 5/23

wheels, brakes, engine, supercharger, throttle body, headers, radiator, seats are all gone.

Last edited by qwiketz; 05-23-2019 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:00 AM
qwiketz
CF Senior Member

hi all. Here are a few photos of a few things that were taken off the car...

Last edited by qwiketz; 05-27-2019 at 12:02 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: HiPo Supercharged engine/trans part out- 383 lt4, vortech ysi, built 4l60e

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.