Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

WTB: 84 power steering rack

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 11:24 AM
monte k
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 84 power steering rack

I need to replace my power steering rack on my 1984 Corvette coupe
Anyone got one
MONTE
Anderson Indiana
Old 05-13-2019, 10:45 PM
coupeguy2001
Le Mans Master

Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Modified Finalist

Buy a rebuilt from auto zone.
given the age of these cars, you might find a good one that may last a while, and put you right back where u are in a couple months.
I bought one for my ‘86, and 10 years later, they exchanged it for another rebuilt.
N/C for the second one because of the lifetime warranty.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:23 AM
ctmccloskey
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,102 Likes on 874 Posts

Hello Monte K,

It would be better for you to send your rack to Turn One and have them rebuild it for you. They do this stuff all the time and will fix your rack the "right" way. They start at $250 for rebuilding your rack specifically and they have about a 2 week lead time according to their site. You still have time to have the rack rebuilt and back in the car by the time it gets warm. They are in Saginaw, Michigan so the shipping to and from should be fast.

They helped me with power steering issues in the past. They turn parts around really quickly as part of their business. Check them out. https://www.turnone-steering.com/pag...lding-services

I understand it is easier to have the rack replaced with another but keeping the original parts is a big plus. I would rather have my rack "rebuilt" by experts in this field than buy a "unknown ""Rebuilt"" rack".

Adding a cooler to the system will make the new rack last a LONG time, it seems that Heat is the killer of the seals. Installing a small cooler or reservoir will help the rack live happier and longer.

Good Luck and I hope you get your Corvette back on the road soon!

Best regards,

Chris

Get notified of new replies

To 84 power steering rack

Quick Reply: WTB: 84 power steering rack