Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

WTB: Would like to buy shim for zf6

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 07:26 PM
BatmobileLT4
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Would like to buy shim for zf6

Hi all, I recently ran into a bit of a forgotten dilemma. A few months back when I was separating my motor from bell housing, the shim that sits between the back of the block and the bell housing got messed up pretty bad (at least the corners). I apoligize if the quality is not the best. I would like to replace it with a better one or if all hope is lost maybe some tips on how to make my own. Spoke with Bill from ZFdoc and he told me that those insulator sheets are no longer made and he has no spares on hand. That sucks because of course it always has to be the rare parts that need replacing . Anyways does anyone know who I could contact that may have the part for sale or know of someone who does? Any help is appreciated thank you!

Old 05-15-2019, 07:45 PM
RandomTask
Race Director

Received 276 Likes on 144 Posts

Let me check out my shed real quick. And BTW they're b/c the block and the mag belhousing. . (galvanic corrosion)
The following users liked this post:
BatmobileLT4 (05-16-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 08:54 PM
RandomTask
Race Director

Its not perfect but will def work for what you need. Nonidea what its worth; shoot me an offer.

Also, apologies if the photo is blurry, my cell camera is on its last leg.

Cheers,

Last edited by RandomTask; 05-15-2019 at 08:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BatmobileLT4 (05-16-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 05:36 PM
BatmobileLT4
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome thank you! I dont want to reuse the one I have because frankly any little thing just makes the zf whine even more. Looking to play it safe. Im not sure what they are worth either. Im willing to give $30. Let me know how that sounds. I have nothing to reference price wise for a part like this. I do have Paypal as well
Old 05-16-2019, 09:42 PM
RandomTask
Race Director

Originally Posted by BatmobileLT4
Awesome thank you! I dont want to reuse the one I have because frankly any little thing just makes the zf whine even more. Looking to play it safe. Im not sure what they are worth either. Im willing to give $30. Let me know how that sounds. I have nothing to reference price wise for a part like this. I do have Paypal as well
Sure. Sending a PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Would like to buy shim for zf6

Quick Reply: WTB: Would like to buy shim for zf6