C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Sports Seats Problem (92)

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Sports Seats Problem (92)

The seat bolster switch on my driver's side seat just magically quit working. It used to work, and the passenger side still works fine.

I was talking with Brian about it, his never worked. He said that he just toggled the switch back and forth enough that his started working. Hmm... Well I can toggle my switch back and forth all day and it does nothing. I pulled the cushion up the other day and just looked at it. The system appears to be fine. I didn't have time to put a volt meter on it and see what the deal is. I also didn't readily see how the switch came out.

If I do decide that it's just the switch, how does it come out?
Old 02-10-2005, 04:31 PM
locobob
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Pull the shifter console plate out. Then the seat button/FX3 console part is held down by 4 bolts. There isn't much additional length in the wiring though to really pull it out. Sometimes drinks get spilled in that area. Use some electrical cleaner on all connections and clean with some fine sandpaper on the connectors.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The switch in question though is the switch on the front of the seat that actually controls the bolsters.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:10 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

just remove the 2 screws that hold the bezel in place. Then the switches will kinda pull out.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:47 PM
belmor
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you hear the pump running under the seat? It could be that the switch is fine and the pump needs to be rebuilt
~B~

Get notified of new replies

To Sports Seats Problem (92)

Quick Reply: Sports Seats Problem (92)