C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine
Old 02-20-2015, 06:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

C4 Tech Tip: How to Change LT1 Spark Plug Wires

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 12:25 AM
dogfish246
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdaddys95
i have the passengers side plugs and wires done.. and have the plugs and wires for the drivers side..thinking after everything i read i would just have it towed to garage to have that dreaded drivers side done. how much for four plugs and wires to be installed?? i took out the four plugs on the drivers side and they all four were carboned up pretty bad and wow does it miss thats why thinking of having it towed.
It really isnt as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Check it out in video form
Old 08-16-2015, 04:11 PM
Hairy W Bush
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bumping this for help
I've read the replies here and watched the video. Someone's lying because it's IMPOSSIBLE to do the driver's side without taking off the components. Even the serpentine belt won't help. That pulley right there is directly in the way of the optispark.
SO, here's what you do that doesn't require anything but opening the hood, and moving the ASR. get the car up in the air, go underneath with your body facing front of the car. Look up by the frame and oil pan. You can get each of your arms in there to remove the wires, but right arm works the best, especially if you move your body towards the right tire when you're pulling and connecting.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:04 AM
brokencrank
Cruising

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just did this...
My personal experience resulted in removal of the serpentine belt and both tensioner and idler pulleys. I was replacing the belt anyway as the only maintenance evidence I got with the car was a transmission service sourced by the P.O.

Removal of the belt and pulleys is easy and had I searched beforehand, would have saved a few hours of head scratching. YMMV, IMHO, etc...

Last edited by brokencrank; 01-22-2016 at 06:59 AM.

Quick Reply: C4 Tech Tip: How to Change LT1 Spark Plug Wires