C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

In the fairness of full disclosure. 93 ragtop's bins.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 11:32 PM
korvette4u
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chriswtx
The best thing you can do is find a tuner within a 4 hour drive. This is the best way, to have it tuned in person.....I got mine tuned by a local tuner. He spent 3 hours the first night with me, told me to drive it for a week and take notes on anything that need to be fixed, went back with my notes and he spent another 1.5hrs on the dyno with me until it was perfect. Total of 4.5hrs with me playing with the tune and 28 dyno runs. It all cost me a grand total of $275. Of corse that didnt include the $$$ I spent on Jesse's chip first that never ran right after 2 different tunes, 5 weeks between tunes without a chip and the new injectors and new computer I bought because I thought they were the problem and not his tune.
Do you still have the orginal programmed chip from Jesse? does that tuner you used have equipment to read the bins from it? you know, he may have a back up file of it. i think it may shed some lite into your frown.

this is a fact functional thread,
Old 03-23-2005, 11:33 PM
0ski_dwn_it
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Alvin
That comment is the reason why I jumped Jesses case. HE has completely trashed the reputation of all chip burners. Is that fair to the rest of us?
Alvin,

I think its hullarioius since I have redone several of your tunes from people that have been dissatisfied with your work. But I would not , and still would never come down on you publically to condemn your workmanship publically. Would you really like me to start posting your work? Where do I start? Keep it up, your showing your true colors. And to boot since these posts, I have gotten about 4 request to do tunes. So thank for the press

Yesterday it seems as if I was getting the message from you guys that the there were no changes at all made to the performance chip. And I started asking how you only got 20 hp more? But now the story changes and its isolated to the emmission chip suddenly...so which is it - you guys "tune" changes like the wind?

You clowns that have nothing better to do than hang out on the off topic forum (scorp) and then come on here claiming to have found some unfounded business on me, is totolly laughable. Hell you can't even put together you motor right without F'in it up for three years straight. :o

Ok. What about the other 100+ posts from people that FREELY posts the results they have gotten with my chips. Or how about the fact that nearly 100% of the FASTEST C4 cars on this forum run my tunes???? yeah lets not talk about that right!

Then lets ask yourselves... why wouldn't I change stuff? When I did for the performance chip, and then supposedly "nothing" for the emmissions one? Common fellas...something is not adding up here. One thing is for sure, some of you sure have a heart-on for me. Sorry thou - I am already taken.

Again I am sure that ALL these fast cars on this forum running my tunes are running stock chips and I am going to screw someone out of an emmissions chip of all things. I have no idea where you guys get your information, but as before stated...I am done defending my position - if alvin thinks or scorp thinks he can produce better results on one of the faster cars on the forum - then have at it. Good luck now getting ANYONE to believe you could do a better job.

Now lets put things into perspective, Alvin, taking credit for getting a measely 20hp more from doing it in person, is hardly braggin rights for your tuning ability. Or are you pissed that everyone is raving about my tunes and your not getting much support?

And Scorp, while you think you know what your posting, you are as laughable as the other one thinking he outdid me on his tuning. This entire thing is a mere replay that happened on the TGO, when everyone said that Corky and I are full of BS, yet we ran/run, and in THIS case - people have my tunes run quicker than 100% of the others.

I have time and time again shown that I am an avid supporter of this corvette community. I try to help as many persons as possible with EVERY aspect of the perfomance related to corvettes. I get phone calls at night from people asking advice. I answer TONS of emails, and you coming on here "acting" as if you came across some mythical discovery absolutely sicken me and MANY other that have emailed me since this all started.

At the end of the day, you can post WHATEVER you think you have found, but lets not forget the MANY people that have been VERY happy with my work( you have seen the MANY posts and othes have too), and more importantly the fact that my tunes have been used in conjuntion with some of the FASTEST cars on this forum and the TGOs for that matter. I have done tunes for some of the most reputable corvette performance venues we know of, and their response was "This is the BEST running motor we have yet produced!." So yes, I know there will always be the few that you can NEVER satisfy, or few that feel the need to pull someone back down; I also know ( as seen from the many emails to me these past few days) there are MANY more that appreciate the help I have given and will CONTINUE to give to this community.

As said in the last post, I am done defending myself from you nay-sayers - the results from the masses speak volumes - just as these posts from you guys going out of your way to try to bash someone - that has CLEARLY provided many with RESULTS in the performance of their vettes. has spoken volume about your true character.

Last edited by ski_dwn_it; 03-23-2005 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:40 PM
Alvin
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05

I promised to be nice in this thread.. If you want to carry on personal attacks I'll be happy to do it elsewhere..

I'll just leave it at the binary compares is the proof everyone needs.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:54 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ski_dwn_it
You clowns that have nothing better to do than hang out on the off topic forum (scorp) and then come on here claiming to have found some unfounded business on me, is totolly laughable. Hell you can't even put together you motor right without F'in it up for three years straight. :o
No need to make things personal, but since you did.....

I am sorry that you don't agree with my choice to deal with more important things in life than spending all of my time and money on a silly car. Yeah, so what if it doesn't always run right? We all have issues to deal with. I've probably had the same # of problems with my own car (perhaps less) than you with your own. When I break things I chose to deal with more important issues first than immediately running out and fixing it at all costs no matter what. Hell when I first started working on my car I only knew how to change my oil and grease the chassis. It has been an excellent learning tool and complete trial by fire. I also deal with the New England winter months out of the year and do not have a garage to work in during those times. Maybe you forgot that detail when making light of 3 years. It is a car, it has no feelings, it won't get made at me, it can wait.

I do not know what I am posting? I earn my living day in and day out every day dealing with all systems based off of binary. There is no hiding from 0's and 1's in this case. I am in charge of systems running every day that make 6+ million residents of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and also neighboring states within our nuclear emergency planning zones safe during times of crisis both natural and man made. My work and reputation is based off of detail. If I am wrong, there may be severe results and I will be the first to admit it when possible. Thats enough soap boxing for me. I hate doing it. If I am wrong here, then prove it instead of relying on immature blows and I shall agree with you. You cannot in any sort of faith tell me that the performance and emissions chips are not identical. It isn't possible. You cannot tell me that that speed density chip is what it should have been. Admit the mixup if it was one and go ahead and right it. Sure you've done tunes for numerous people, but are we talking about those instances today? No.

Some of us just have better things to do. I'm 24 years old and am still just starting out in life. I choose to work my *** off to make the forthcoming years more enjoyable. Yeah, I hang out in OT a lot. It is good for comic relief. I think most anyone here would vouch that I (as many others also do) have helped an endless number of people in the C4, OT, and other areas. 63,585 posts do not just appear out of nowhere. Your efforts to try and make me look like a fool are unfounded and not welcome in this thread. I started this with the hopes that it could clear things up, educate people on how some things work, and even give you a more welcoming forum than the last thread to make things right if a simple mistake was made.

You've chosen the low road, I'll stay on the high one. Thank you.

Last edited by scorp508; 03-23-2005 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:58 PM
MarkLT1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '04

Wow.. This seems to have gotten pretty heated in here (although, I can understand why, as reputations seem to be on the line).

ski_down_it- you seem to be a good guy (at least from my conversations with you about tuning a couple years ago), and many people seem to be very satisfied with the results your chips give. Now these are just my 2 cents, and I am not trying to stick my nose where it doesnt belong, but I figured I would offer a suggestion. Since you have a large number of very satisfied customers, I think it would be reasonable to refund some, or all of the money back to the couple people who are clearly not satisfied.

I understand your rational behind the "no refunds".. what is going to keep people from keeping the chip, and just saying they weren't satisfied. However, IMHO, to keep good business/customer service, that is a risk you take (I do software development, and have been in the same boat). For the most part, if someone is satisfied with your work, they are going to happily pay for it. There will be a small number who might take advantage, and then there are those who are truly unhappy with the results of your work (you cant please them all!).

From a business perspective, I have found that refunding some or all of the money during a failed project (even if it truly was not my fault), has gotten me more business in the long run- even if it didnt work out, that level of customer service will get people to tell their friends about you, etc..

Again, I am not trying to tell you what to do, just throwing in my 2 cents- IMHO, a refund to someone who truly isnt happy with your product would go far to help this situation.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:00 AM
scorp508
Team Owner

Originally Posted by MarkLT1
Wow.. This seems to have gotten pretty heated in here

And it really didn't need to at all. Although turning it that way guarantees a lock so that it will drop off the 1st page of the forum and out of site.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:03 AM
Alvin
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '05

yeah, so everyone try to keep personal comments down.. We want to have true colors and hard core proof to shine threw.

Scorp clear some of your pms out.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:09 AM
Morley
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scorp508
It is a car, it has no feelings, it won't get mad at me, it can wait.
And on a lighter note..BOY, Have you got a LOT to learn! It most certainly WILL get mad at you, it will throw tantrums, have fits, make you hate it and love it at the same time. A car is sometimes worse than a woman, especially where money and time are concerned.
I've had mine longer than I've had the wife...you KNOW who gets more attention.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:15 AM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by Alvin
yeah, so everyone try to keep personal comments down.. We want to have true colors and hard core proof to shine threw.

Scorp clear some of your pms out.

Yes let's do that. This post is close to being locked and not for what Jesse just said, but a few posts above that.

I had the Admins keep an eye on the last one, don't make me get them in on this one.

What we need to see now is an explanation from Jesse describing what is found in the very first post. That is all. Any other comments don't mean **** and don't add anything meaningful to this post.

So far none of the tuners in question are supporting tuners, that alone is enough to shut them down from selling on this forum. But as far as I can tell, we don't have any supporting tuners that will do this for the LT1 and L98 cars which is why it's allowed in the first place(although not through direct advertising).

Here's the bottom line, let Jesse explain the first post, maybe he goofed somewhere and didn't realize it, who knows. Maybe someone else fudged the numbers, it can go both ways.

Unless you have had done business with Jesse or PCMsforless in the past, please refrain from jumping on the bandwagon. If this turns into a bashfest, it won't only get locked, people will be banned, and it won't be up to me to decide.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:17 AM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

BTW, this post and the other are both in the wrong section, but since there are too many people who don't know enough to go to the proper section after I move it, I'll just leave it here, I don't see it lasting much longer anyway.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:19 AM
scorp508
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo
But as far as I can tell, we don't have any supporting tuners that will do this for the LT1 and L98 cars which is why it's allowed in the first place(although not through direct advertising).
Frank, do you mean mail order or LT1/L98 tuning in general?

p.s.

This one was posted in here since the 1st was.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:21 AM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Scorp, I think I mean both. Most of the tuners we have here are doing LS1 and stuff. Maybe LPE is the only one. Off the top of my head anyway.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:27 AM
scorp508
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo
Scorp, I think I mean both. Most of the tuners we have here are doing LS1 and stuff. Maybe LPE is the only one. Off the top of my head anyway.
Yeah, LPE does it. I want to say, Dynotech Engineering, Speed Demon, and Vette Doctors as well. Boweryboy would probably know for sure.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:17 AM
Redeasysport
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Thanks Mojo for letting this thread stay open. It at the least very informative.Being a PCMFORLESS customer I must say they have been very good to deal with. I went for price but got good service too.Infact I plan on attending their Dyno event here in Ohio in May.

Now children play nice and as Joe Friday always said" the facts maam just the facts"
Old 03-24-2005, 02:37 AM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

The bottom line here is profit. If it is found that Jesse has been selling junk chips, then his profit is gone, as is his reputation.

What is boils down to is thus: Chip burning is a black art.

Also, early chips are getting harder and harder to get tuned. As such, our options are getting seriously limited (this is as all the big named tuners ignore the older cars). Time might help us, as companies realize that these cars aren't going away.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:38 AM
0ski_dwn_it
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

FYI: I am departing on a business trip, and will respond to this upon return. In the meantime, as I know there are some, you might want to review the posts that are done by individuals expressing their happiness with my services etc, and gains over other tuners services. Some of which I know were Alvins previous customers.

So before we all get on the linch mob - lets not forget these indivuals. Also you might was to review the GOOD many cars that are running my tunes and the performance they are getting. Trust me a "Junk" chip would not run like these cars do. And lastly, its extremely easy to make changes in these many programs used to formulate tune, (what to change isn't until you get a good method) but ask yourself, why would I go to the trouble of putting a stock bin back on a chip I clearly burned? There is clearly something that is amiss with what these gents are reporting, so please think about all this. And I don't think as many people would be raving about my tunes, if they were getting the same thing back. Again, something is a-miss with the information being shared.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:03 AM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Jesse, I do have to ask......if the C/R I gave you was .5 points less than what it actually was, and everything else was mechanically sound, does it make good sense that I'm now spending $3-4K to fix my engine? Blown head gasket, trashed cyl. bank, 2 pistons with ring lands broken --- from heavy detonation. How can the A/F and timing curves be that far off to cause this kinf of damage?

You must certainly understand why now I'm ultra gunshy........So who is going to do my SD tune this time?

Get notified of new replies

To In the fairness of full disclosure. 93 ragtop's bins.

Old 03-24-2005, 08:27 AM
93 ragtop
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Jesse,
I never got to respond to the previous post before it was locked. So I will try to wrap it up now.
You can post how you write files that tunercat cant read and I dont know the secrets that you tune into the chip, and perhaps all of that is true. Heck I dont know enough about tuning to say.
The facts I do know are the following.
The chips you did for me (3 tries) flat out made my car run way to rich. I have numerous post on this as well as e-mails back and forth. You insisted that the problem was with my car. Well it wasnt.
With your chip I ran L terms in the 108 range most of the time and S terms in the 64 range most of the time. The car emitted black smoke at times from being so rich. The bottom line is your tune did not work.
I have not heard you address anywhere in any of these post why you feel it is not important to change the VE tables. I have seen post in the tuning section from such reputable people as TJWONG saying that on speed density cars VE tables need a lot of attention. This seems to be common knowledge to the tuners.
You stated that 20 hp was not much of a gain but I think we are missing the most important part of this tune and that is not the hp I gained (altough I am glad I did) But rather how much better the car runs at idle and part throttle. My L terms and S terms are now staying around the 128 range. I am going monday to get my cats installed so I can now pass my emissions inspection. I could not do this with your chip.
Jesse, I would like to think that you are not a bad guy intentionally ripping people off on a tune such as mine, but rather you just dont have the ability to tune a speed density car correctly.
I believe if you wanted to do the honorable thing you would refund my money but from e-mails I have received form other customers I dont expect that to happen.
Oh, and if anyone doubts the bins I sent out to Scorp to evaluate, I would be glad to send the chips to any reputable tuner who is neutral on this issue to verify.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:31 AM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Jesse I'm not trying to call you out here. I've tried that before and all you do is argue until you're blue in the face and we get nowhere. Listen to these words very carefully and understand what they mean. I am not going to argue as the facts speak for themselves.

1. It does not matter how many cars you've tuned well, that doesn't affect the one person that is upset about the fact that he spent a ton of money on nothing. Saying that is like saying "I shouldn't be charged for running over that guy on my way in to work because every other morning on my way in to work I didn't run over somebody."

2. You say something is wrong with the people doing the comparison. Think about that for a minute. The person you are trying to call out has his own capability to tune AND he does NOT sell tuning services. Therefore that person has absolutely nothing to gain by trashing your reputation. Scorp is playing posting FACTS. If you wish to dispute those facts then you need to come back with facts.

3. "Your word" obviously isn't going to cut it at this point, you need to prove that your word is good by posting the difference. These magic tables that don't show up in tunercat WOULD still show up in the binary comparison. To save face now rather than just insist that there are these magic tables, how about actually saying what they are? You don't have to tell anybody what values you put in them as that your tuning secret, but it would be very good to at least tell us what the names of these tables are. It will do nothing but add credibility to your argument.

4. Understand also that we all make mistakes. Say that for all your best intentions in the world you accidentally burned the wrong chip, or you mailed the wrong chip. It's ALRIGHT, it happens but you need to admit that it is a possibility. Those who think they can make no mistakes have just made the largest mistake of them all. If you would open your eyes to so much as the POSSIBILITY that you were wrong you would see a lot more respect. Admit that you are not infallible and start looking for reasons why the chip may have been in error. If you find your error and offer to correct it then your reputation is not harmed.

Reputations are built on how mistakes are handled. If you've ever worked the retail business you know that it takes hundreds of satisfied customers to make up for one dissatisfied one. So the best thing that you can do is turn that dissatisfied customer into a satisfied customer by whatever means possible. I don't think that you intentionally sold a chip with no changes, at least I surely hope you didn't. I've had my share of mistakes, I understand that they can happen. If you want to save your reputation now though you need to start working on disproving what has been said.

You can't draw on your reputation to prove your reputation either. If you could every single murderer out there would get off because they had never murdered anybody in the past! It takes facts to prove a point. I've argued with you enough in the past to know that you LOVE to prove people wrong. So, START PROVIGN PEOPLE WORNG. If you do it will save your reputation and you can have fun doing it.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:59 AM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

This is a very informative post, and Brian that was well worded. We both think alike about the car and life in general. Keep up the good words.

And to Ski, I am not sure what to think. All I know is that, If I spend the cash and the chip was never done properly, I would be upset. But on the other hand, You have to reply back to these guys.

Quick Reply: In the fairness of full disclosure. 93 ragtop's bins.