C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

TB Bypass Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 03:12 PM
The Doberman
Drifting

Location: If you run from me, you'll only die tired. North Carolina
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TB Bypass Question

I want to do the bypass onmy 86. I am confused because there are 3 hoses going into the TB. 2 are at the bottom, and one is near the top which is a smaller metal outlet that connectes to another metal pipe by a 2 inch piece of rubber tube.

Am I correct in assuming that the 2 larger hoses at the bottom are the correct ones? And can I just plug them up with some large bolts since I don't have the kit?
Old 08-04-2005, 05:48 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

There is one coolant hose connected to the water pump and one goes to the heater. The other you mentioned is a vacuum hose.

Just get a piece of U-shaped heater hose from Auto Zone, cut one end short emough that if goes onto the water pump fitting and you can route the long section back under the TPS to the heater pipe.

I got two large vacuum nipples from AZ to cover the two coolant fittings on the TB for a nice finished look.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:33 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Use a "U" or "S" shaped hose as 65Z01 said and run it under the T.B. Take your heater hose and clamp it on using a metal nipple. Still have yet to reroute my heater hose (it's a little crude) but it works. No need to attach anything to the TB ports

Get notified of new replies

To TB Bypass Question

Quick Reply: TB Bypass Question