C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Quick weight removal questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 10:29 AM
rocco16
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by 65Z01
My '88 sport seat & track is worth maybe 40lbs or so, pretty heavy assembly.
Spare & jack could be another 40-45lbs.
Dropping from 3/4 tank to 1/4 tank of fuel is worth about 60lbs.
These should be worth 1.5sec reduction in ET or more properly increase in trap speed.
I'm thinking that 145lbs will be worth a little less than 1.5 seconds in the quarter....but it's a step in the right direction.

Larry
code5coupe
Old 12-21-2010, 09:37 PM
MRDZR1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Rocket
It appears too small to clamp securely using the OEM method. Did
you add an aftermarket bracket and something to keep the battery
from sliding around on the mounting plate?

Also, what's your trick for quickly R&R'ing the C4 battery at the track?

The battery on its side attached to the connectors fits snug on top of the factory mounting plate. Keep all screws on the side panel just tight enough where I could unscrew by hand. Used special wrench for connectors. Did not use battery hold down bracket and bolt.[/QUOTE]

Question regarding this old thread, why the PC680 an not the PC625? Ligther and cheaper $!

Old 12-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Red Rocket
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MRDZR1
The battery on its side attached to the connectors fits snug on top of the factory mounting plate. Keep all screws on the side panel just tight enough where I could unscrew by hand. Used special wrench for connectors. Did not use battery hold down bracket and bolt.
Question regarding this old thread, why the PC680 an not the PC625? Ligther and cheaper $!

[/QUOTE]

The PC680 has alittle more capacity as I remember. The PC625 might work just as well. Also use battery tender.

As an update to this old thread, I now race with 3/4 tank of gas. My 60' and ET's are better and more consistent with the added weight in the rear. MPH is down a little though.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:14 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

I removed the fuel tank and put a 5 gal cell in the back. Good to the last drop. Don't have to run 5/8 tank of fuel anymore. Just got done removing the front bumper and removed exactly 20 lbs of crash stuff up front. Can't tell after replacing the bumper. Can't go head first into the wall though.

Quick Reply: Quick weight removal questions!!