C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Setting Shift points on a 4L60

Old 12-20-2005, 06:10 AM
James93LT1
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Setting Shift points on a 4L60

How do you increase the auto shift point on a 93' 4L60 (non electronic)? Its currently shifting at around 5600, would like to get it up to 6000.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:58 AM
Alvin
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05

Your tranny guy can help you with this. Theres a govenor recalibration kit from B&M that cost about $30 bucks that will do the trick. You just pop out the govenor cover on the drivers side of the tranny, pull out the valve and use which ever springs/weights the kit tells you to.

Or you can just shift it manually.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:14 AM
James93LT1
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Alvin
Your tranny guy can help you with this. Theres a govenor recalibration kit from B&M that cost about $30 bucks that will do the trick. You just pop out the govenor cover on the drivers side of the tranny, pull out the valve and use which ever springs/weights the kit tells you to.

Or you can just shift it manually.
Thanks for the info Alvin. Also thank for the awlsome tune!

As for the manual shift, I think I might need a shift kit. The manual shift seem to be real slow at WOT.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:49 AM
conv90
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried the B&M kit.
(you need to be luky...)
I changed ONLY one wheight on the governor and i choosed the one (lighter) more similar to the one removed. I haven't changed any spring.
My WOT shift points changed as expected (in the right desired direction) but also part throttle shift point changed expecially the 3 to 4 shift.
Now I need to go over 80 mph to shift in OD.
As per B&M instructions is a "Trial and error" method and since removing the governor on a C4 is not so fun....
Old 12-21-2005, 03:50 AM
steve40th
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

Originally Posted by James93LT1
Thanks for the info Alvin. Also thank for the awlsome tune!

As for the manual shift, I think I might need a shift kit. The manual shift seem to be real slow at WOT.
James, I think I still have that kit you need for the shift points. Its a trial and error kit, changing wieghts etc.
Also, I overhauled my tranny locally and put a Transgo Shift Kit in and shift manually at 6300rpm.
But it would be nice to set it up to do it all by itself. But, dont have time here.
I am in Guam, be home soon if you want the kit.
And thanks for the help at the track that night when I blew up the water pipe going into the pump. Thanks again.
FWIW guys, James helped repair, gave light to the problem at the track then followed me home to make sure the repair (RTV and allot pf prayer) made it home.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:17 AM
unreel1967
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by steve40th
James, I think I still have that kit you need for the shift points. Its a trial and error kit, changing wieghts etc.
Also, I overhauled my tranny locally and put a Transgo Shift Kit in and shift manually at 6300rpm.
But it would be nice to set it up to do it all by itself. But, dont have time here.
I am in Guam, be home soon if you want the kit.
And thanks for the help at the track that night when I blew up the water pipe going into the pump. Thanks again.
FWIW guys, James helped repair, gave light to the problem at the track then followed me home to make sure the repair (RTV and allot pf prayer) made it home.
Are you still Guam?
If so, please give me a call @ 475-3121w or 777-0304c I'd like to lalk to you about my car. Mark
Old 01-01-2006, 03:23 PM
steve40th
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

No, I am back in Hawaii.

Get notified of new replies

To Setting Shift points on a 4L60

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Setting Shift points on a 4L60