C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

A-Molds on, need to dress up calipers and rotors, any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2001, 01:17 PM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default A-Molds on, need to dress up calipers and rotors, any suggestions?

ok, got my ZR-1 rims on the car wow, a whole new animal!! but the rotors below the disc are rusted and was wondering if there was a dress up procedure/paint to use to really comliment the wheels. i have the metal flake paint and love the rims. i figure that brush painting would be the wisest solution but i need some recommendations for a paint brand to use that will last and not come off. also, does anyone make the corvette emblem calliper covers for a C$ i don't remember seeing any and all my catelogs are tucked away in storage right now. if so, whats the asking price for a set of them and where should i go to look? thanks again guys! look forward to your responses!

chris
Old 08-04-2001, 01:21 PM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Re: A-Molds on, need to dress up calipers and rotors, any suggestions? (lcvette)

Sorry, but you just missed the group purchase for the grand sport calipers which are black and have corvette in silver on them. Short of changing them out you are out of luck. you could remove them, strip them down and have them powder coated. There are header paints out there now and also a few vendors are selling caliper paint kits now. MAD has some and I'm sure all the others as well.....you wallet and time shall determine the outcome.
Old 08-04-2001, 03:16 PM
TA
Team Owner

Received 261 Likes on 159 Posts

Default Re: A-Molds on, need to dress up calipers and rotors, any suggestions? (Goody)

I haven't tried it , but Mid America has a new caliper paint in their catalog. It is a brush on type and comes in a few different colors. Maybe someone will chime in that's tried it.
Old 08-04-2001, 06:14 PM
Fang S-289
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: A-Molds on, need to dress up calipers and rotors, any suggestions? (Goody)

Try this site, maybe what you're looking for: http://www.cacustomcoatings.com/brak...paint_kits.htm
Old 08-04-2001, 06:21 PM
VetteGS
Instructor

Default Re: A-Molds on, need to dress up calipers and rotors, any suggestions? (Fang S-289)

Just go to an auto paint store and select the color of your choice in engine paint. It'll be in a spray can. Four to six coats will do ya just fine. I did this for a friend of mine and it works and looks great. Make sure you get gloss finish.

There are generally two types: ~500 degree temp and ~1000 degree temp. If you can, get the 1000 degree temp paint because, if you race, the calipers can get upwards of 700 degrees.

[Modified by VetteGS, 2:21 PM 8/4/2001]
Old 08-05-2001, 12:48 AM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: A-Molds on, need to dress up calipers and rotors, any suggestions? (lcvette)

hey guys thanks for all the info!! as for the rotors, i know paint is the only option and i will look for 1000 degree paint, im looking for a silver metalic flake paint to match the rims, but for the callipers Is there no company that makes a cover to dress up the look? i want to say i rememebr someone posting about an item like this, hmmm, i will recheck the archives maybe it was in a different category then this one. thanks again for the paint tips!! anymore suggestions for the callipers? keepem coming!

thanks again,
chris
Old 08-05-2001, 09:51 AM
6spd89
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In II Veteran

I have stock 89's on mine. I removed the caliper and took them to
a polishing jack.I used a wire wheel on the jack ,on low speed.This was 2 years ago and they still look shiny!! No paint or protective coating at all!!
Looks good for me,Just giving you another idea! Do what best for you!
Matt

Get notified of new replies

To A-Molds on, need to dress up calipers and rotors, any suggestions?

Quick Reply: A-Molds on, need to dress up calipers and rotors, any suggestions?