C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Roof panel rain gutter moldings

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 02:02 AM
slicked25
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Roof panel rain gutter moldings

Does it work? It makes since just wondering if anybody has it installed.

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...dept%5Fid=1403

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...dept%5Fid=1403

Also, roof panel squeak eliminator. Does it work?
Old 01-29-2006, 03:10 AM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 476 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I agree it seems like it would work. My car sits in the rain all day at work for months at a time. I always wipe away the water at the roof line prior to opening the door to get in. The price ain't bad. If you decide to try them.... please let me know how they work.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:07 PM
GeosFun
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put them on my car (Ecklers). Before, the car leaked like a seive around the forward top turn of the window, both sides. A ride through the carwash was an adventure, I always carried a beach towel in the car! to drape over my lap. I installed the drip rails the same time I re-rubbered the windshield and also put in the "Squeek eliminators". The drips have gone away by about 95%. The squeeks stopped for about 2 months but have started up again. :o

Last edited by GeosFun; 01-29-2006 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:01 PM
JCAIRE2
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The rain gutters are a good idea, don't know if they are worth $55 though.

As for the squeaks, just re-fit the top to the car and you shouldn't have any squeaks. The instructions are in the tech tips section accessed through the drop down header labeled "other" at the top of the page. Should take about 1.5 hrs to get it re-fit to your car.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:14 PM
GeosFun
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are right, there is not much to them, but the fit is excellent, the install is easy and they hardly can be seen. Whether that is worth the $$, I guess, depends on how tolerant one is of water on the inside. Like, what are the alternatives?
Old 01-29-2006, 11:21 PM
JCAIRE2
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GeosFun

You are right, there is not much to them, but the fit is excellent, the install is easy and they hardly can be seen. Whether that is worth the $$, I guess, depends on how tolerant one is of water on the inside. Like, what are the alternatives?

My '88 was my daily driver for 3 years. I guess I just got used to getting wet, lol.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:12 PM
joelmatchpoint
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Help installing rain gutter moldings

Originally Posted by GeosFun
I put them on my car (Ecklers). Before, the car leaked like a seive around the forward top turn of the window, both sides. A ride through the carwash was an adventure, I always carried a beach towel in the car! to drape over my lap. I installed the drip rails the same time I re-rubbered the windshield and also put in the "Squeek eliminators". The drips have gone away by about 95%. The squeeks stopped for about 2 months but have started up again. :o
I've now tried to install the rain gutter moldings 2x on my 1986 coupe and both times they broke. The second time I heated them carefully with a heat gun to make them more pliable and I still couldn't get them to snap on. Any suggestions? At this point I've replaced all the weather stripping and the car doesn't leak when it rains except when I open the door and water drips in.

Get notified of new replies

To Roof panel rain gutter moldings

Quick Reply: Roof panel rain gutter moldings