C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

running problem MAT IAT??

Old 05-12-2006, 04:27 AM
ladystoy69
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default running problem MAT IAT??

i have searched here and found nothing about what this sensor controls on a 85. does it just get used to control the egr? or does it do more?
mine reads 203degrees all the time on the scanner and when i check everything individually i get no resistance on the sensor. checked two seperate sensors i had around.
whats with that? are they both bad?
my car runs great with the scanner hooked to it, which i guess puts it into open loop? correct?
when i take the scanner off of it it runs slower (rpm) barly idles and eventually loads up and dies....
any ideas
Old 05-12-2006, 08:51 AM
rick lambert
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't answer your quesstion about the IAT, the MAT is a thermistor, as temps change so does the voltage out put, if it's bad you should be getting a code, not suren how you check, or if you can check it other than scanning,its purpose is to delay the EGR until manifold air temps reach 40 degrees F.But on the scanner, I don't believe it puts the engine into open loop, at least mine doesn't. And as far as ideling higher...if your using the Craig Moates cable with the little black box....it has a 3 way switch, one of those positions causes the RPMs to be constant a 1000 Rpms...at least that's what I think I was told when I first started using my laptop to scan with.

Last edited by rick lambert; 05-12-2006 at 09:00 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: running problem MAT IAT??