C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Exhaust Manifold Removal

Old 09-24-2015, 08:15 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,017 Posts

Originally Posted by WW7
...We use to have a rule not allowing threads over 45 days old to be revived...I really think this rule should be brought back.....But until the rule is brought back, I will continue to let the Noobs know they have screwed up.....WW

Originally Posted by Joe C
- it would be easy - search old and start a new thread. not sure I "totally" wasted my time though - feel I provided some, somewhat, useful info - maybe not to vettnuts but maybe others. in retrospect, vettnuts has move on to the C5 forum, so my reply most likely is useless info to him -- if he even sees this. there lies the problem.
There's many resto/rebuild and other very informative threads that with "yaall's" proposal would essentially be locked.

Frequently the "NOOBS" thing isn't a fit but a user that's maybe just an "infrequent visitor" and looking for help. If you're NOT an everyday forum participant I don't believe being "scolded" for a post is very deserving.

Might be enough to drive a user away

The "more recent poster" to this thread is a 2 year "user" with this being his 1st post. Shy maybe? Perhaps the search functions and just reads of interesting threads answered his questions.

I've been here since '03 with this user ID and I don't recall a "45 day rule" ever. I sincerely believe that idea is "nonsense".

I don't believe either of you have considered the fact that "a rule" as you both suggest needs to be applicable to the entire CF and not just the C4 section. I'm sometimes not the easiest to convince that "the way it is" is maybe the best BUT in this case I've adjusted and I believe that most have.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 09-24-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:24 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 699 Likes on 588 Posts

this thread is getting way OT - think the mods need to put this one to bed -

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exhaust Manifold Removal