C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need some help with these questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 09:41 PM
honda hunter
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some help with these questions

Can someone answer these questions for me?

1. I'm all about straight line performance. I'm new to the C4 so where do I start on getting my suspension setup for drag racing? I know shocks are on the list but what else?

2. How much horsepower can a 1993 C4 transmission take and what rebuild kits do you guys know and trust for it?

3. My keyless entry pad is broken. How do I replace it?

4. Does the F-body and C4 share the same fuel pump design? I have a racetronix 255 fuel pump from my camaro that I want to use. AFAIK return fuel setups are somewhat the same.

5. Last but not least I want to get some 18x12 with the biggest tires availible for them. Will they fit out back using the BFH mod?

Thanks guys for the help.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=honda hunter]Can someone answer these questions for me?

2. How much horsepower can a 1993 C4 transmission take and what rebuild kits do you guys know and trust for it?

This is a tough question to answer quicly and easily. On a nearly stock car they take quite a bit.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Lichen
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gears - 3.54 - 3.73. HP, I don't know but I would guess under 350 hp with a D36 on street tires. Open your wallet because your are now hooked. You might also want to check into a Hotcam/heads package plus longtube headers. What are your goals? I would also stick with 17x 11 tires. Most serious racers go with smaller tires. Maybe buy a set of drag radials. I don't know about suspension, but go no cheaper than Bilsteins. For the tranny, install a shift kit and a 2200-2500 stall converter. People with more knowledge will chime in shortly.

Last edited by Lichen; 07-11-2006 at 10:14 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:16 PM
honda hunter
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lichen
Gears - 3.54 - 3.73. HP, I don't know but I would guess under 350 hp with a D36 on street tires. Open your wallet because your are now hooked. You might also want to check into a Hotcam/heads package plus longtube headers. What are your goals? I would also stick with 17x 11 tires. Most serious racers go with smaller tires. Maybe buy a set of drag radials. I don't know about suspension, but go no cheaper than Bilsteins. For the tranny, install a shift kit and a 2200-2500 stall converter. People with more knowledge will chime in shortly.
I'm installing my mid 400 LT1 into it. The horse power department is well corvered. It's just the little things I need to get figured out.

Get notified of new replies

To Need some help with these questions

Quick Reply: Need some help with these questions