C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

What is the best shifter for ZF-6spd

Old 09-25-2001, 05:45 PM
LT4Sam
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What is the best shifter for ZF-6spd (95CYC4)

Oh boy, nothing like alienating a bunch of your peers huh?

I race, I do both road courses and the drag strip. The stock shifter sucks for both, even with my Hurst in there it's still not up to the caliber of short throw I've become accustomed to in my last two cars.

The stock setup is a joke, the post from Justin refers to the engineers taking a lot of time getting this car perfect for road racing (wrong IMO) but it's not apparent in the shifter.

I find it kind of humorous that we all should follow your example and live with the stock setup, but it's okay to do the following mods: MSD, Borla, GM Performance Parts; rather than learn to live/practice with what GM gave us from the factory......

And guess what, if I gave my junky guitar to someone who really knew how to play well, and they played better than me, odds are they'd still modify the guitar to their own liking.

I get your point, I just don't necessarily agree with it. There will always be aftermarket parts out there, needed or not, and it's the individuals choice whether or not they want to purchase them. It would just seem that you are in the minority based on what I've seen/heard/read so far.

Sam
Old 09-25-2001, 09:13 PM
95CYC4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What is the best shifter for ZF-6spd (LT4Sam)

Your right, that's why i'm selling my Vette, i'm going to build a Super Stock GT car and race in my spare time. It's a big step, but I know that i'll be happier, and have fewer chances to lose my license. I was sorta pissed when I posted that, but I haven't modded my guitars yet either, they all play just fine. I bought my car with most of the mods, except the MSD stuff, and hope that someone will enjoy them as much as I did. I'm tired of all the fighting and pissing and moaning on this forum so this might be my last post. I am losing interest in this car more and more everyday. It seems to only get me into trouble or in more debt. So it's time for me to get rid of it. I wish you all luck in the future with your Vettes and don't lose the feeling you have towards your car like I have, it's like breaking up after a long commitment, but time will heal everything. :cheers:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is the best shifter for ZF-6spd