C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Double C4 engine cooling with two row aluminum radiators

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2001, 02:11 AM
LT401Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Double C4 engine cooling with two row aluminum radiators (Tom DeWitt)

At what point on a C4 is the amount of cool air become limiting? It seems like that may cause some what of a deminishing return stepping up to a HP series. To get enough air flow to disapate the heat to might start requiring alot of speed. I mean if the air is already up to 200° after it passes the first core, it is hard for the second core to do a whole lot.
Old 09-10-2001, 03:20 PM
NavyVet
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Double C4 engine cooling with two row aluminum radiators (Tom DeWitt)

Tom, I'm very interested - cooling in Phoenix is always a concern. Why do they all have the auto trans feature? I have a LT-4 and don't need it. Or, is it sufficient to use as an oil cooler with an adapter plate at the filter? What is the shipping to Phoenix? Availability? Thanks for your time.
Old 09-10-2001, 08:05 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

Default Re: Double C4 engine cooling with two row aluminum radiators (NavyVet)

Navyvet, you can get them without the automatic trans cooler, I just decided to standardize on the one with it. That way it fits both models. If you have a manual trans, then you just don't use the cooler connections. If you really don't want the cooler, I'll order it that way but it might take 4-5 weeks to get. td
Old 09-10-2001, 08:39 PM
89vette
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts

I called Griffin and they recommended the HP series for my car. They claim with my 450+ HP motor that the pro series will not cut it. What is your best price for the HP series for an 89 Corvette manual trans?

Jason
Old 09-10-2001, 11:18 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Default Re: Double C4 engine cooling with two row aluminum radiators (89vette)

89, 6584AF-BXX, Griffin list price is $725. I'll go $480 but I'll have to order it. Did Griffin mention if they had it in stock? If not, figure 4-5 weeks. td
Old 09-11-2001, 12:51 AM
Raysur
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom,
Are these prices a one time deal? I'm going to spring for the HP but I'll have to buy it around Christmas time. I just want to make sure I can still get it for $480. Thanks
Old 09-11-2001, 09:30 AM
89vette
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Re: Double C4 engine cooling with two row aluminum radiators (Raysur)

Tom, I did not ask if they were in stock. I'll buy the 6-584AF-BXX HP Series radiator from you for $480.00. I feel better spending the extra $40.00 after putting so much cash in a motor if you know what I mean. I'll call you later to arrange payment. Can you call Griffin and see if its in stock?

Jason
Old 09-11-2001, 11:15 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Default Re: Double C4 engine cooling with two row aluminum radiators (meach13)

have you ever tried you rad. on a turbo car?
have an 89 twin turbo vette ( http://www.meacham.pointclark.net )
with the be cool rad and with the ac on it still runs warm in the 235-250 range
Sounds like you need the Fluidyne
They make the radiators for NASCAR,CART & Formula One

$$$ though like $1K

BTW are you running an oil cooler and an intercooler?
Old 09-12-2001, 08:03 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Default Re: Double C4 engine cooling with two row aluminum radiators (Raysur)

Raysur, this post was intended to be a forum "group buy" to offer these rads at lower prices and hopefully in retutn receive some kind of volume. I prefer to limit this price offer to the month of sept. I do have to maintain some kind of normalcy. I can't remember what I had for lunch yet some special price I offered 4-5 months ago.

meach13, as far as the turbo goes, I don't have any first hand experience with that application but you didn't give me much to go on. Did the Be cool rad lower it at all? Are the temps you listed sitting still, traffic, hwy driving, everyday or 100 degree day? Did you can any switchs/thermostat etc? Maybe the HP Griffin would help you. Again the be-cool uses 1" tubes x 2=2.0 The hp series uses 1 1/4" x 2 =2.5

Brian, my fellow michigander, I started this thread, as a supporting vendor of the forum, (you know, the guys that bring it to you) to sell radiators. MY RADIATORS. Why would you suggest these guys go to someone else? BTW fluiddyne makes a great rad, two rows of one inch tubes. This is the same thing you and meach13 got from be-cool. Changing to the same size core with the same size tubes for $1000 doesn't sound like a good idea to me. td
Old 09-15-2001, 07:50 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

I was suggesting the Fluidyne for the guy with the turbocharger

I wasn't trying to bash your sale at all.

Quick Reply: Double C4 engine cooling with two row aluminum radiators