C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Do stickers on your Honda make your car go faster???

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2001, 05:39 PM
ZylaRace
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Do stickers on your Honda make your car go faster??? (DougSilver)

Went to the local VW (read Porsche) dealership last weekend. When the sales guru came over and started asking dingy Q's, I looked at him ask where the inspection room was. He was all about "What inspection room?"

I said the one where they measure your wee-wee to see if it is short enough to drive one of these cars? :D :bb
Old 09-10-2001, 06:32 PM
PylonBoy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Do stickers on your Honda make your car go faster??? (ZylaRace)

I thought you only had to be a ***** to drive a Porsche?

Anyway,
I went into car boutique and asked "where are your ricey shoulder harness pads"

No, I don't own a Civic, not even a Honda. I did this as a mockery to all the people who say they have a civic type R, even though they aren't sold in America.
Old 09-10-2001, 07:17 PM
GlockLT4
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Do stickers on your Honda make your car go faster??? (ZylaRace)

:lol: :lol:
Old 09-10-2001, 08:43 PM
KNCRSR5R
Pro

Default Re: Do stickers on your Honda make your car go faster??? (Glock'94)

OK..........all your horsepower gains are quite accurate...but one simple oversight! ANything in Old English Text that cant quite possibly be read...thats a good 50 around here! I have mine ordered but....i dont think i will install them as my car might not take the extra juice! :lol: :crazy:
Old 09-10-2001, 09:44 PM
your drinking buddy
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Default Re: Do stickers on your Honda make your car go faster??? (RED90SIXLT1)

Funny...I always wondered the same about putting hask marks on the front fenders of corvettes. Sometimes we are so quick to criticise what others do without thinking.
The hash marks have heritage behind them (racing), gigantic words across the window do not.
Old 09-11-2001, 12:26 AM
PylonBoy
Instructor

Default Re: Do stickers on your Honda make your car go faster??? (vettes rule)

Hmm,

Why do many autocrossers put "TIRERACK.COM" across their window? Then again. Autocrossing isn't real racing since it isn't done in a straight line. :lol:

It's still all the same to me. :sleep:
Old 09-11-2001, 12:28 AM
Midnight
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Do stickers on your Honda make your car go faster??? (Andy1983)

I am just wondering.... why do they do it?
Free advertising.... and they think it makes the car look faster?
Why?!?!??!
:lol:
Most definitely, the ones that put the full body packages on them (Stage IV) get 300 hp minimum. :D ;)
Old 09-11-2001, 01:12 AM
CAPN17
Safety Car

1.) Stickers weigh less than screws or bolts. Car is held together with a weight saving.
2.) Name sticker on windshield allows owner to remember what brand of rice he/she/it is driving.
3.) Very large wings also allow for the drying of clothes while driving, saved appliance money goes into buying larger coffee cans for tail pipe.
4.) Large exaust opening at rear, it is need to fit the mouths of the drivers of rice burners. After a night of racing and getting beaten by Yankee, round eyes cars they need something to ease their mashed egos.
5.) Must have a yellow car so it can be found in parking lots but hidden as yellow snow in the winter ar ho,e.
Old 09-11-2001, 05:22 AM
DTor85
Intermediate

On behalf of ricers everywhere, I feel obligated to take a small (if useless) stand for them. I had a ricer (93 civic Hatchback) before I got my 85 z51. I loved driving in that car every second I had it. I had 17"x7" 10 spoke alloy rims (forgot brand) w/ 20540zr17 Falken Ziex tires. It was slammed w/ V-Spec coilovers. Had cool air intake, stereo, and some other minor stuff I can't remember. I had the coffee can exhaust, but it serves the same purpose as the $600-$1000 exhausts that go on vettes, and with the same results - louder and faster. And as far as the stickers go, I hated them. I hate them on imports, I hate them on vettes. A lot of people put them on their cars to show what parts they have in their cars. This serves the dismal task of showing off how much money they can spend. We (vette owners) do the VERY SAME THING just by driving corvettes - showing how much money we can spend either buying one or maintaining one (don't try to lie and say you have never had to work on yours). True, this is not everyones' intention, but to others, this is what it appears to be. We do the same things w/ the clothes we wear (who out there is wearing Nike, Reebok, Polo, Tommy, etc etc etc...). And to finish, there are MANY ricers out there who will smoke ANY vette owner here on the track/street/whatever any day (including myself). So basically, let's enjoy our vettes, let them enjoy the imports, and let's all get along. Thank you. Now I'm off my soap box. :cheers:

[Modified by DTor85, 3:32 AM 9/11/2001]
Old 09-11-2001, 09:06 AM
nickd
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Do stickers on your Honda make your car go faster??? (DTor85)

Hey my daily driver is a Honda Accord.
I was thinking about selling the Vette and modding the Honda, what do you think?
I bet with a few stickers and exhaust I could smoke alot of vettes :lol:
I got a catalog in the mail with tons of ricer parts, don't know how I got on that mailing list, but you would be surprised the cost of alot of things like exhaust, cold air kits, etc.. isn't much different than what we pay for mods.
Old 09-11-2001, 10:18 PM
GRX
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep. ...and when I wash my car, it seems to run better!! :lol:
Old 09-12-2001, 09:08 AM
bac22
Le Mans Master

Received 186 Likes on 163 Posts

Default Re: Do stickers on your Honda make your car go faster??? (GRX)

Here are some links that help with modding rice (may be able to use them on vettes :crazy: ):

Exhaust http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/mycoffeecan/page1.html

Spoiler http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/mycoffeecan/page3.html

Cornering http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/mycoffeecan/wheels.html

Old 09-12-2001, 01:06 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Do stickers on your Honda make your car go faster??? (nickd)

LMAO, some funny digs, but all in good fun I'm sure.:blueangel:

I understand the stickers all over your ride if it's bringing in $$; hey, I'm a mercenary at heart too. But lets use some good tast, please.:eek:

And I seriously doubt that there are many "ricers" on the street that will smoke my Vette. I've considered some kongi & hongul graphics for my hatch that effectively say "don't even". But so far I haven't need em, they don't try.:nono:

Old 09-12-2001, 04:07 PM
Jim85IROC
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Do stickers on your Honda make your car go faster???

All of the preceding improvements will NOT take effect, however, unless you remember to install humongous wheels
NOT TRUE!!!!!!!
Chrome hub caps work too. :D

DTor85, I basically agree with you, but I think you're having trouble distinguishing between import drivers and ricers. Putting a couple performance mods and some nice +1 wheels on the car to improve handling is cool. Putting stickers and other cheap, useless equipment on the car to "pretend" to be fast is rice.
Old 09-12-2001, 04:25 PM
tuband
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In I Veteran

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been wondering what more I could add to my rental (besides Vette wheels) to make it go faster. This has been most informational ;)
Old 09-13-2001, 12:28 PM
Knight Ryder
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

Default Re: Do stickers on your Honda make your car go faster??? (tuband)

Take those Vette wheels off and put some wheel covers with fake disc brakes over the factory rims. You'll need the extra stopping power once you put on the stickers and angry bumblebee exhaust. :D

[Modified by Knight Ryder, 6:01 PM 9/13/2001]
Old 09-15-2001, 07:02 AM
steve1ph
Advanced

Default Re: Do stickers on your Honda make your car go faster??? (Knight Ryder)

yea the ricers are "cute" with all that added horse power , but my favorite display is the old english letters arranged in a half moon on the back glass of most pickups here in dallas that usually states either a geographical location or some type of family heritage. :U
Old 09-15-2001, 09:35 AM
0ski_dwn_it
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would like to say this: I have no real problem with the ricers, partly because I come from an area that is very much out in the booneys, although a few weeks ago I was sitting at a red light and I heard this ungodly noise approaching. I looked in my rear mirror and saw a line of cars coming. All ricers! must have been 10 of them. My girlfriend said what the hell are they all cruising around for with cars like that. I said I have been hearing all kinds of stuff about them and the fad must be here now. Just as I said that I looked past her to see one of the ricers stop abruptly right beside her. He proceeded to look at me and then straight ahead as if saying let run the cars. I leaned forward to scan his car back and forth a few times to observe the stickers, wheels, ect. I looked at the driver with his flipped over visor on and said, does your dad know what you have done to his car? The kid just glared at me. I my girlfriend could not help but bust out laughing. The light turned green and the ricer revved his engine up to about 4k and dumped the clutch all followed. I wasn't going to do it, but I couldn't resist. I let the second car pass by me then I punched it. I flew past the first car like it was standing still. I would not have done it normally, but it was just too much fun. Plus the girl was saying race him, Oh well.
Old 09-15-2001, 10:37 AM
rcolling
Le Mans Master

Of course stickers make a car go faster and result in tremendous horsepower gains. Anybody watch Nascar or the C5Rs race lately? :nono:

Quick Reply: Do stickers on your Honda make your car go faster???