C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Wiring Diagrams or Fan Fix

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2001, 06:11 PM
Lovettes
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Diagrams or Fan Fix

Hello All,

I have an '87 Vette that I bought and unforunantly it is need of alot of repair. I love the Vette so I am trying to get it back up to shape. It needs alot of work so I am trying to get one thing done at a time. Right now I need to get my main cooling fan fixed. I had a shop look at it and they hooked it up to the battery so it would turn on whenever the ignition was on. That is not a good fix in my opinion and takes about two volts from the battery and leads to a dead car if you leave the igintion on without the alt. running. Can I wire this back to the way it is supposed to be wired very easialy? If not, do any of you have a wiring diagram that I could use to re-wire it so I can get it coming on whenever the car is started and not pulling 2 volts off my battery.

Thanks,

Patrick
Old 09-26-2001, 06:42 PM
BCZR1
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NC Events Coordinator
Default Re: Wiring Diagrams or Fan Fix (Lovettes)

Patrick, I actually had my fan wired similar (but different) to what the shop did to yours. I do have the wiring diagrams and I can fax them to u if u want to e mail me a fax #. bcsmith4@unity.ncsu.edu I can also explain how I had my fan wired on my 87 if u'd like.

Brian

Quick Reply: Wiring Diagrams or Fan Fix